SI - take notice.

I'm speaking now directly to any member of the SI team. This year's FM has had a huge amount of bugs, and you seem to be doing nothing to sort them out. Even when you do reply, you claim that it will be sorted in the next patch etc etc etc, yet it never is. I've been a loyal customer for 5 years now and I didn't expect this sort of treatment, from the makers of a game that has been voted one of the best simulation games you can buy. I shall not be buying next years version, that much is certain. I spent £30 of my own money on this game, only to find it unplayable due a huge number of bugs that should have been noticed in the initial testing!

Following will be a complete list of all of the bugs that I have experienced on my save, and an explanation on why they are actually a bug and not simply my tactics or bad luck:

- Injuries. Many people will agree and disagree with this one. But I never have less than 5 players injured at any one time, and 3 of those are always for 2 months or more. This does not match the information on physioroom.com and, as such, is unrealistic.

- Bar/post. I actually conducted research on this. Throughout one 55 game season, I hit the bar 147 times. That equates to nearly 3 times every match, and does not even include the amount of times my opponents hit the bar or the post.

- Defenders not defending. My defenders are not sunday league footballers, and as such you do not expect to see them miss clearances or headers. Sure, the odd mistake is fine (see Jamie Carragher this weekend) but when it happens 3/4 times a match with world-class defenders, it doesn't make sense. Oh, and the marking issue comes into this bug too. I set my defenders to closely make in their player instructions, and also set a player to be tight marked in the OI. Thus I expect them to be tightly marked. But no, I see them running free in 5 metres of space every time they get the ball.

- Strikers not hitting the target. Same as above, except for the strikers. My world-class strikers can't hit the target from 8 yards out.

- Long shots. This is a pretty big one. I set my midfielders' long shot slider down to the minimum, and as such expect them to hold onto the ball rather than shoot from 35 yards. But no, my midfielder tries a banana shot which nearly hits the corner flag. Every. Single. Time.

- Goalkeeper assist. Maybe the biggest gamebreaking bug this year. As such, I won't go into it, but you know that it needs to be fixed. Oh, and its not acceptable to just close down the central defenders or the goalkeeper, as you shouldn't have to alter your tactics according to a bug.

- 2-0 up HT team talks. There are 5 selections for your team talks when you are 2-0 up at half time. All of them do not fit an appropriate area, and as such, have negative consequences for me 85% of the time (Again, I conducted research into this area).

- Players stopping on the ball. Have you noticed how players seemingly stop on the ball deep in the opponents half, and wait to be tackled? Do you see this in real life?

- Own goals too often. This one might be just me, but I'll include it anyway. I seem to concede 10+ own goals a season, very strange.

- Goals scored after allocated injury time amount has passed. THE MOST ANNOYING BUG EVER. Referee's seem add on a reasonable time for stoppage time. Yet he seems to keep it running for at least 2 minutes after he was meant to blow the whistle. And my opponents always score in this time.

- Keeper penalty save ratio (there isn't one). In my save, there have been 40 penalties that my team have taken (including penalty shootouts) and 2 have been saved. A ratio of 1:20. A similar ratio is produced for my team saving penalties.

- 3D animations. They just suck. Not a bug as such, but they're just poor.

- Juttery ME. The ME seems to run at a different speed to the rest of the game. Lagging, freezes and crashes are not uncommon.

There you go, SI (and towney12inch, just like I said I would), a fully comprehensible and valid post stating the problems with FM09. I spent a lot of time on this post, can one of you please take a little time out to say that you are actually taking notice of the problems that your customers are experiencing? It would be greatly appreciated by both my and the forum community as a whole.

Thanks for your time.

I've decided to re-post this as it was moved without explanation to the Bugs Forums. After many requests for an explanation, none were given so I am reposting it here, where it belongs. Any mods with a problem have full permission to post or give me a private message. Subject of the above post is still more than valid.

All of the OP's concerns have been posted either cumulatively or individually on the bugs forum. S.I. I am sure of aware of the main game and ME bugs and quirks by now - in fact they have probably already fixed and tested the fixes if they are going to release the patch in four days time. :thup:

The injury time thing isn't a bug. The time they add on is minimum time added. I've seen many games in real life where the game has gone on a few minutes longer than was mentioned, due to it being the minimum amount of injury time.

They've been posted, but how do we know that SI are actually going to fix them? There was apparently a huge amount of testing for the demo and the 9.1 patch - look what happened there? How do we know that that won't happen again? It would just be £30 wasted.

If you're re-posting this because it was moved then it will be moved again, or just locked.

It was moved for a reason. Just plainly going ahead and posting it again will land you in trouble. Read the forum rules.

The injury time thing isn't a bug. The time they add on is minimum time added. I've seen many games in real life where the game has gone on a few minutes longer than was mentioned, due to it being the minimum amount of injury time.

Between three and four minutes of injury time is the norm in the EPL is not? The reason I believe we are seeing longer periods is because of the higher frequency of knocks and player injuries in the present M.E. that's all. Its also probably mitigated by a random variable which can exasperate the sense of there being something wrong ..

Its pretty logical tbh.

I'm not talking about the amount of time added on. I'm talking about the amount of goals scored in that time. For example:

- 4 added minutes are given. A team scores in the 96th minute, and the game ends in the 98th.

It the amount of times that these goals occur that I'm mentioning, not the fact that the time goes over the allocated amount.

Oh, its you again. If you actually read the part in bold, I was asking for a post explaining why it was moved. I have done so in both threads - the mod who moved it hasn't said a word. So stop being a wannabe and directing me to the forum rules - I know them.

I've decided to re-post this as it was moved without explanation to the Bugs Forums. After many requests for an explanation, none were given so I am reposting it here, where it belongs. Any mods with a problem have full permission to post or give me a private message. Subject of the above post is still more than valid.

You'll get more of a response from members of the SI testing team by reporting bugs in the bugs forum, that is what it is there for.

Please don't re-post this again.

Archived