Steam or Uniloc ???!!???

Hi people!

After enjoying several yrs of FM and the FM09 demo, I'm finally just about to install the new version.

Patch v9.1.0 is already there to be attached.

But what the hell am I meant to choose between Steam and Uniloc ?

I never came across to anything like it.

What does actually Steam do ? And how would it automatically install updates?

I mean, is it worth to download the whole Steam file when i aint a pc genius but could easilly update all the patches once they are realesed ?

What do you guys reccomend? Pls help!!

Thanx

Steam is wonderful, I cant praise it enought, its a convenient way to keep games up to date and chat to your friends. There are free games to download and a great community feature!

It updates a game on loading so all you have to do is wait!

Steam is definatly worth having and I am very VERY glad SI have chosen to work with them!

For those who had steam before you will struggle to find anyone who doesnt like their new game working through it. For others it may not be useful as they may not see the full benefit of the community/friends functions which the other people use daily!

The auto update and stats tracking are great things for most people.

I wish all games came through steam! Would make my life a lot easier!

I have said it before and I will say it again, well done SI for choosing Steam!

Even if you've activated you game with Uniloc, its probably a good idea too to register your key with Steam. Not only is it like a free backup that you can use anywhere, Steam also sometimes run discounts or freebies for owners of previous games in the series - e.g. 10% off pre-orders, or "free play weekends".

Archived