Commentary line (and associated action) that makes no sense...

Not seen it so much in the top flight (when I did it was annoying) but yesterday started a game in the lower leagues and one persistent feature in the match commentary is a player kicking the ball out for whatever reason - usually like a player would in his own third when under pressure - I can't remember the exact commentary line but usually, my left/right winger is on the edge of the box, dribbles forward a bit then boots the ball out of play for a goal kick when under no pressure.

The player usually has an option behind him in the fullback, someone quite close inside the box and the option to cross. So why exactly, in a great attacking situation does the winger feel the need to kick it out so presumably we can't be countered? Either its an ME flaw (with attacking mentality & cross often with less than average creative freedom I'm doubting, but not ruling out, its my tactics) or its the fact the commentary can't distinguish between sliced crosses and clearances.

It typically happened about once or twice a match in the premiership, it happens 10+ times sometimes in the lower leagues for me. The 3D match engine isn't the most precise for analyzing whether he truly does mess it up or just kicks out, but they're always facing the touchline.

There are a number of Commentary lines which don't quite match the action being displayed.

I have seen a few others:

The "X brings it forward" commentary often seems to match a "First touch" match engine event; I suspect "X takes a touch to settle", "X needs an extra touch", and similar commentary would fit better.

The "X clears it" commentary can come up from a goalkeeper in his own area and not under pressure; also from a goal kick, and from a free kick following offsides in his own half.

I think that these are simply errors in the mapping from Match Engine event (which appears correct in the 3-D display in all cases) to the associated Commentary event. Some of these errors are new in FM'09, but others (such as the one you describe) are fairly long-standing.

Archived