Days to gain nationality for Great Britain

It says my player has x number of days left until he gains Great Britain nationality but is this any different than in previous years when a player would gain English/Scottish/etc nationality separately? When they gain Great British nationality, which national team are they eligible for?

When they gain British nationality they can play for any of the 4 nations. I think it's about 5 years before you can gain British nationality.

The game is more accurate now as you could never become a Scottish or Welsh citizen in real life. Only a British citizen.

IRL they don't because of a home agreement, which even as an Englishman, I think favours the English more out of the 4 home nations because Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland have much smaller populations and as evidenced in recent years their teams have slipped down the rankings more and more and made it to fewer and fewer competitions.

But I like the fact the game doesn't include the home nations agreement, because it could possibly have an adverse affect on the likes of 14/15 year olds who come through and are able to then play.

An Ireland manager on crack is a scary concept! Doesn't apply to old Trappattoni but I've got images of a ginger alco running around dicking anything and everything that moves in the hope they give birth to a Pele or such they can claim as their own.... It's a wonder they didn't claim Rooney when he was 10 when he didn't know any better.

What a partnership Rooney and Robbie "celebrate like that one more time and I'm cutting your hands off" Keane would have been!!

Oh no, that's right, Robbie Keane is a joke.

In previous versions the game considered Home Nation nationalities distinct from each other. That was wrong. In reality, if a player plays in Scotland for two years and transfers to an English or Welsh club, his visa remains valid and his eligibility for citizenship (days) remains cumulative.

Previously it was reset to 0. Also, as has been pointed out nobody holds a Scottish passport or a Welsh passport etc. Its British. They are indistinct. The Home Nations do not even issue passports, they are not sovereign entities. The only legitimate and soverign nation in law is the United Kingdom. Deluded nutters from up north will claim the Act of Union doesn't grant sovereignty or transfer it. They have all been entered into our database and will be processed at our earliest convenience. Thank you for calling. Your call is important to us etc.

Archived