Players running and dribbling maybe flawed?

In my opinion the players are running and dribbling to good. It is impossible to stop any player from running 50 meters no one is going to tackle him, players just run by him and then for no reason they stop. I have tried tight marking with man marking but it doesn't help.

What is your opinion is this a flaw in ME or it could be it my tactic (which I doubt because it happens to AI too and I have tried many tactical variations and nothing works).

P.S. People who are doing good on this game are in majority the people who take excellent(Man. Utd., Real Madrid) or very good clubs (Man. City, Atl. Madrid) because the players dribbling and running is too good and it is possible to make an unblanced tactics with very high mentality and you will win everything IMO.

P.S.S. Sorry for bad English

I don't think there's a way to stop it, It just how the mtch engine is.

I know wht you mean, The winger will just run from his own half all the way to the other end of the pitch with no problem at all, & the player who is running after him isn't goin where the ball is (Which he shud be doin)he is running towards the player. So it gives the player with the ball more time and space.

The last bit i said happened in some of the fifa game's, Very Frustrating

I have the new patch and also struggling to score but that is not problem with tackling this is the problem of poor passing game and it is very hard to make balanced slow tempo build up tactic in this ME because there is no balance between attacking and defending. This ME prefers players running with ball instead of slow passing game.

This ME is not balanced at all it prefers those silly all out attack tactics.

Still no response from anyone if this is noted as ME flaw and will it be fixed in new patch.

All other aspects of game are best till now but this years ME and tactical interface is something that really hinder my playing enjoyment.

I know that tactical user interface (sliders) will not be fixed or improved till FM 10 but would like that SI sort ME out.

I think it's not really that the match engine has the defenders always messing up; the 3D engine unfortunately doesn't animate "harrying" or "chasing" very well. Defenders and strikers move from spot to spot according to what's happening in the match engine, but the 3D engine animates it as if their paces and acceleration are varying wildly.

There are unsuccessful dribbles, if you watch the match in full. However, the unsuccessful ones look just like the successful ones, except with the unsuccessful ones the defender comes out of nowhere with a wonderful last ditch tackle, every time.

I think it's not really that the match engine has the defenders always messing up; the 3D engine unfortunately doesn't animate "harrying" or "chasing" very well. Defenders and strikers move from spot to spot according to what's happening in the match engine, but the 3D engine animates it as if their paces and acceleration are varying wildly.

There are unsuccessful dribbles, if you watch the match in full. However, the unsuccessful ones look just like the successful ones, except with the unsuccessful ones the defender comes out of nowhere with a wonderful last ditch tackle, every time.

If that is the case then they should not have implemented 3D in this years edition.

I stopped watching the 3D and gone back to the original way as it's far too un-real. You have players making some of the worst decisions ever, in every game that just wouldn’t happen –i.e. the great one of where you’re attacking in the final third looking to shoot instead the striker punts it back to goalkeeper 90 yards away! (WTF) or the one where your striker is about to pull the trigger but the game stops and the next thing the opposition has a free kick just outside your box! (WTF). The 3D is flawed badly and needs to go back to the drawing board.

Archived