it's comes to a point now AI knows about the long shot bug - We need a patch

Games I should be winning, I lose or draw simply because AI takes alot of long shots, I mean a lot. They used to take quite a fair bit before, now I've noticed they do it all the time.

Is it becuase my defence is too strong and therefore force AI to do long shots? Maybe? but that isn't the point. the point is they score them from 35 yards out. It gets boring how they take shots with long shots stats of 8 and they just fly in.

We need that patch becuase at this moment me and alot of people are getting through a season within 1/2 weeks. The patch won't be released till February. (Been rumours at a December release date? As ever Si won't say anything).

By February I've done over 20 seasons, managed 3 or 4 clubs and played with a tactic of constant long shots. It's not good enough. The game as been unplayable from the start, I've considered the up side, Patch 9.0.1. made it barely ok. But the the noticeable bugs are just annoying now.

I just want a game I can enjoy and play not having ridiculous things happen

I think most of the issues you addressed will be fixed in the next patch. And for the others.. I have simply not experienced them before.

I am not trying to be an SI fanboy but I am really enjoying the game as it is, and hopefully when the new patch comes it will make the game even better.

One point to note is that I don't trust the ass man to do much. Doing it yourself is always better (yes it includes the repetitive press conferences, only thing I dislike about FM 9)

I think most of the issues you addressed will be fixed in the next patch. And for the others.. I have simply not experienced them before.

I am not trying to be an SI fanboy but I am really enjoying the game as it is, and hopefully when the new patch comes it will make the game even better.

One point to note is that I don't trust the ass man to do much. Doing it yourself is always better (yes it includes the repetitive press conferences, only thing I dislike about FM 9)

An option to turn press conferences off would be excellent

what and let him keep saying stupid things to the media? No thanks, the option to turn them off seems the best idea.

Well that would depend on your ass man i guess. Mine is 'world class' and not said anything stupid to the media in the 4 seasons i've played. Every summary says 'the players should react well to his handling of this question'. Just my experience of course.

I will say though that the press conferences are simply awful. THe same questions over and over again. Became too repetitive for me after half a season.

I wish people who haven't seen the changelist would stop saying "these will probably be fixed in the patch" Have you seen the changelist? Can you see into the future? No, so stop trying to quiet those that aren't happy by telling them that things will probably be fixed in the patch when you just can't be certain.

I agree on press conferences. I even cheated once and gave my ass man 20 for everything and he still managed to upset the team quite often, and still made random team talks too. Two features that are completely inane and broken.

An option to turn off press conferences would be nice, but surely the people who want ultimate realisitic effect would start whimpering! After all, Ferguson, Wenger etc cant turn their press conferences off!

Yeah but they never had to answer the same exact questions with the same exact answers every single time

An option to turn off press conferences would be nice, but surely the people who want ultimate realisitic effect would start whimpering! After all, Ferguson, Wenger etc cant turn their press conferences off!

Stupid post. They can't turn many things off, doesn't mean they should be in the game. Perhaps we should make all the games last 90 minutes then Simon? Or you have to wait 8 hours travelling time if you are Arsenal and are going to play Newcastle?

Games I should be winning, I lose or draw simply because AI takes alot of long shots, I mean a lot. They used to take quite a fair bit before, now I've noticed they do it all the time.

So what you are saying is that the AI has learned that there is an apparent bug with long shots, and so has decided to take more?

Rather advanced this AI.

I

It's a sad state of affairs when anyone enjoying the game feels the need to point out that they're not being a fanboy.

But that seems to be the way things are on here these days :(

On the subjest of long shots, I can't say I've noticed this particular problem myself. The AI were taking a fair few long shots against me until I started closing down their players a little more using both tactics and opposition instructions. I'm not saying this isn't a problem for you but I'd be interested to know how many other people are having this problem, as I'm not so sure it is a bug.

Deltaroad. You say."The patch won't be released till February". Can you explain from where you obtained this knowledge. I am looking forward to before Christmas.

because they won't make 2 patches.. they'll wait for the january window to fix all the bugs + and add appropriate rl transfers.

I have found this version of FM to be a lot harder than others and little niggles to annoy me from time to time. However, this long shot thing is easily countered with tactics and I seem to concede this way only once in a blue moon. Yes, there are still too many but it isn't a game-breaker.

On a more general note, do we really need another thread a) detailing known issues and b) asking for a patch NOW NOW NOW! ?

and whet do you make of SI post (can't remember if it was Miles or PaulC) which said that they were aiming of a patch 2 release around Dember 18th?

Can we please have some sort of response from SI on this subject? The fact that you seem to be ignoring your customers posts/pleads only breeds frustration.

joesgarage

On the subjest of long shots, I can't say I've noticed this particular problem myself. The AI were taking a fair few long shots against me until I started closing down their players a little more using both tactics and opposition instructions. I'm not saying this isn't a problem for you but I'd be interested to know how many other people are having this problem, as I'm not so sure it is a bug.

Same as you, I don't think the number of longshots in the games is excessive and the opposition usually only score maybe 1/10 of the longshots they do attempt. So while it is annoying to concede from them it's rare enough and easily balanced by the number of long shots we're successful with despite all my team having the Long-Shots set to rarely.

because they won't make 2 patches.. they'll wait for the january window to fix all the bugs + and add appropriate rl transfers.

As in my last reply. Where did you get your information from, Eleloy? If it was SI then say so, if not then you are just guessing and therefore being of no use to anyone. SI have said, hopefully before Christmas and that is good enough for me.

Like a lot of others I have had the freezing, crashing etc problems and have not been happy. However, I wonder just how much more work had to be done to get the very good 3d match display. How many of us complaining could do half as well? I know I couldn't begin to make any sort of an attempt because I have no knowledge of programming or whatever it is called.

This is a big step forward from 2d to 3d and SI have made a better fist of it than the awful EA's efforts. After this years first attempt, just wait and see next years game. I believe that lessons and knowhow will prevail. Kind regards to all.

Long shots definitely overcooked. in lower leagues its a real gamebreaker - you can't have your squad of 15 players closing down all the time because they're on 60% at the end of the game, but if you don't, blue square centre backs/full backs start banging goals in from 35 yards over and over and over.

Patch is hopefully out on the 18th, but not confirmed. Don't listen to these people saying Jan/Feb - they're out of the loop.

Long shots definitely overcooked. in lower leagues its a real gamebreaker - you can't have your squad of 15 players closing down all the time because they're on 60% at the end of the game, but if you don't, blue square centre backs/full backs start banging goals in from 35 yards over and over and over.

Not so. I play in the Blue Square South and have noticed no such problems as you state. I close down often, and all over the pitch and only a few players will suffer serious fatigue. It must be something else you are doing.

Oh and long shots from the opposition resulting in loads of goals? Haven't really noticed anything specific. Are they perhaps finding a lot of space between your midfield and defence and choosing to run into gaps and take lots of shots? Your defence will be hard pressed to close them down and your midfield will be thinking of other things, giving them plenty of time to shoot from distance.

I dunno, just a guess. I don't see these mystical long shots though. The majority of goals I concede at BSS level are defensive errors.

Although I haven't played in the lower leagues much yet I find it hard to believe that there are widespread issues with either fatigue or long shots in those leagues. I do spend a lot of time in the challanges forum where many of the challenges I follow take place in the lower leagues and I'm yet to see anyone from over there complain about either of these issues.

I'm not saying it's not an issue for you, but one person complaining about something does not convince me that it's a widespread issue and not just down to something they're doing wrong.

Patch is hopefully out on the 18th, but not confirmed. Don't listen to these people saying Jan/Feb - they're out of the loop.

Honestly, i play exclusively lowest possible leagues, with really strict LL rules,and always take worst team in the league.

I have yet to get more then 1-2 goals scored against/for me from long distance in whole season. Goals i concede, and i concede less then 1 per game in average are almost always result of defensive mistakes.

As for fatigue, didn't have to sub anyone so far due to that.

Deltaroad. You say."The patch won't be released till February". Can you explain from where you obtained this knowledge. I am looking forward to before Christmas.

Si normally release a patch at the end of Feb which includes transfers

So what you are saying is that the AI has learned that there is an apparent bug with long shots, and so has decided to take more?

Rather advanced this AI.

AI has always been advance, they do eventually figure out your tactics and counter them.

And you know this for a fact do you?

Every year for the past 10 years or so SI release a patch upon game release and then at Feb.

The biggest issue is the CPU usage. I could boil a kettle on my laptop whilst running FM09 and thats without 3D mode!

Only using 1.3gb of ram.

Already been stated in the podcast that they hope to have the next patch out on or around the 18th December.

Loads of issues are being addressed, those that don't will then get done in the feb transfer update I presume, so just hold tight a few more days then, when they havent given you a fee million pounds to spend at Woolworths, you can get all hot and bothered about the fixes.

The only things i really need fixed in the patch are as follows -

Strikers scoring ratio increased slightly (The striker not scoring enough is the reason why many are loosing games, thus finding the game difficult)

Striker ratings not dependent on if they score or not

Serie C bug

Poland Champs Lge Quals bug

Long shots tweaked so that players like Ken Monkou (i know, hes retired) dont score 7 thirty yarders a season

There are other things that need attention but the above are the biggest ones, in my view

A patch is being released on the 18th guys. It had better be a good one, too.

I don't quite get this, though I am not complaining, but SI have never given dates for patches due to the uncertainty of when things get fixed & something else pops up to delay it. Now all of a sudden we have a date, which admittingly no one at SI seem to have said from what I have seen, though I have heard rumors Miles said this somewhere, but more importantly no-one seems to have denied.

Oh well, if it does appear then I well be well pleased, but it does seem rather strange.

Archived