Testers of this game are rubbish!!! Miles....answers please!

can't believe that FM09 is so bug ridden even though they say they pay people to play this game before to make sure that it is fine.....

to me it seems that SI have paid a bunch of yes boys to play the game....

what makes me more angry is that in an interview with miles it says that he has had the game for 6 months already!!!!

so didnt he notice any of the bugs....

£30 quid for me aint easy to fork out for a game as i run on a low budget...

do SI even care about this product...

As for the 3D match engine....

check out FIFA MANAGER AND CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER ones and the graphics are a zillion times better...

I used to love playing FM08..... the 2D was soo good and i have good memories of playin CL finals

but FM09 is just plain and useless..... Players never do as i say...

ill even go as far as saying this game is worst that FIFA MANAGER and trust me...FIFA MANAGER is utter rubbish

for the first time in 3 years i may consider going back to Championship Manager...

miles...answer please...didnt you notice any bugs when u had the game???

what does everyone else think...

yeah...but why should it become acceptable for SI and sega to release games with sooo many bugs...

FM10....i doubt they'll improve it...

Also, SI dont listen to their customers...and if it weren't for us....they wouldnt have any money to make a game at all

Come the 2nd patch most/all of the issues will be fixed, considering it has been this way for a number of years just sit tight. As for CM I'll confidently say if you hate this title you'll top yourself over Eidos' offering, you'll be king of their forum though as there were only 15 users online yesterday afternoon which helps show how well respected that title is.

The 3D view of the match engine is a tactical tool, and the look represents this - it's not meant to be FIFA or PES or any of the other games with their massive players and completely unrealistic football.

Most of the bugs were fixed with the 1st patch, and the second should be out before Christmas apparently. SI patently care very much.

can't believe that FM09 is so bug ridden even though they say they pay people to play this game before to make sure that it is fine.....

what makes me more angry is that in an interview with miles it says that he has had the game for 6 months already!!!!

check out FIFA MANAGER AND CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER ones and the graphics are a zillion times better...

I used to love playing FM08..... the 2D was soo good and i have good memories of playin CL finals

ill even go as far as saying this game is worst that FIFA MANAGER and trust me...FIFA MANAGER is utter rubbish

for the first time in 3 years i may consider going back to Championship Manager...

the game will never be as bad as fifa manager.

Thanks and goodbye I hope you enjoy the CM forums.:eek:

Well, there is likely to be a new patch out soon. I think the valid points about the quality of the game have long since been well made before now and appear to have been taken on board where appropriate. Hopefully the next patch will resolve outstanding issues, if it doesn't then there is probably reason for concern but no point in jumping the gun before then as doing so isn't going to make the patch arrive any quicker.

That said, the next FM really needs be a more finished product when it hits the shelves, thats the last 2 or 3 releases now that have been a bit of a mess, with this one just about taking the cake.

What are all these bugs anyway?

There's.. Serie C bug, a few other crash dump errors, a bit of tweaking of transfers, fixing a few bits of text, and some polishing the edges of the match engine?

Hardly a reason not a play a game, is it? The 'strikers issue' and 'too many injuries' just aren't bugs.

What are all these bugs anyway?

There's.. Serie C bug, a few other crash dump errors, a bit of tweaking of transfers, fixing a few bits of text, and some polishing the edges of the match engine?

Hardly a reason not a play a game, is it? The 'strikers issue' and 'too many injuries' just aren't bugs.

deluded....get them blinkers off

Perhaps they are. If only it mattered. Shame the other two games are utter gash which have to rely on pretty graphics.

Bye then :thup:

Fieldsy: That doesn't make it a bug though, does it? It's more a case of the match-engine needing a tweak than a fix. Apologies if SI see it differently, but that's just my view of what a bug is.

Dicko, thanks. Your name seems somewhat appropriate. You've neither answered my question, nor had the manners or intelligence to acknowledge that someone with an opinion different to yours has a right to speak their mind too. I've already expressed my views on strikers and injuries elsewhere..

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2286957&postcount=27

But surely, if the bugs were not found due to 'the way testing is done', then there's the problem.

Why test a game (or any product) in such a way that the testing does not achieve what it is meant to?

I'm quite happy with the game, personally. However, there is no way that anyone can say that there are no noticeable faults/bugs. There are quite a number of problems which are quite evident very early on. It still amazes me that these problems, which effect every copy of the game, regardless of hardware and game setup, find their way to the end product.

I (and probably most players) will accept that the issues which are specifically caused by hardware conflicts or are generated only very rarely within the game (maybe only after years of game time) can be explained and fixed in later patches, but it's a bit of a schoolboy error to release software that is bound to dissatisfy, to some degree, a large portion of your market?

Maybe next time a change to the testing routine would be a good idea?

Testers do their best, I was one of them but its hard to substantiate in the time frame things like strikers issues. In the average 8/9 hour working day testers will be on the game for all of it bar lunch breaks etc (sometimes even then), how much time do you think testers really have to sit there analysing matches in full detail to see every thing a striker does... as they build up to release they are quite literally pulling in multiple shifts for 12+ hours at a time, through weekends and what not. I know some of the people I worked with at Sega last year were only getting 5 or 6 hours at home a day after travelling etc. The fact of the matter is, SI/SEGA cannot afford the payroll for a legion of testers, and whilst things like releasing a demo help, they can't give every one who comes along access to the database which stores information on bugs etc about the game; it'd descend into anarchy.

Some bugs do get priorities over others, but it does seem strange the serie C bug made it through, considering on almost every build a league as big as the Italian would have been left on holiday mode for a few years to see if theres any crashes. But small things always make it through, on FM08 befoer the first patch if Jo ever got called up to the Brazil squad, until he was removed from it he never came back from international duty.

Archived