I beat Liverpool 8-1

I just went on holiday then when i came back. I had a email Man city a force to be reckoned and it said i won 8-1.

Give your Assistant Manager a raise in my opinion. :)

Joking aside, there is no reason why such a match might not happen. Reputation, and even form, sometimes go out the window. Maybe Liverpool had been on a good run and their players became complacent and allowed your team to give them a good thrashing? Or maybe they were just downright unlucky on that day.

To me, this scoreline will only be a problem if it were to be repeated week in week out. If it occurs once in a while, there is nothing that surprising about it.

Give your Assistant Manager a raise in my opinion. :)

Joking aside, there is no reason why such a match might not happen. Reputation, and even form, sometimes go out the window. Maybe Liverpool had been on a good run and their players became complacent and allowed your team to give them a good thrashing? Or maybe they were just downright unlucky on that day.

To me, this scoreline will only be a problem if it were to be repeated week in week out. If it occurs once in a while, there is nothing that surprising about it.

WOW how did you manage that, please tell us.(sarcasim):confused:

I often get lucky against the big teams (put 7 past man utd and 5 past liverpool) with my stoke team a couple of seasons in. Put me up against relegation fodder though and I won't score if I have all day lol. Big teams, usually take it easy on you if your the underdog especially if players mentalities aren't determined enough to come back/go all out for it.

how did it happen....maybe it was your tactics :D

Seriously though, I'm not criticising, but why do people go on holiday in the game? If im busy I save and play later. I dont want to not play matches.

I cant imagine standing in GAME* thinking 'I'll buy this and put it on automatic'.

*other software retailers are also available!

How did I manage to do what? Arrive at my opinion that one should not view a 8-1 Man City victory over Liverpool as incredulous?

I think he was talking to the topic poster. My guess is that he didn't know he could just write a comment and thought he had to press 'reply' to the last comment.

Nice of you to try to understand him, though :p

I think he was talking to the topic poster. My guess is that he didn't know he could just write a comment and thought he had to press 'reply' to the last comment.

Nice of you to try to understand him, though :p

That was kind of what I thought too heh. And the :confused: he ended his post with, described my expression vividly when I was trying to come up with any reason as to why my previous post might be offensive to him.

I haven't seen this happen in FM for a while. I remember a few versions ago I beat Monaco in the Semi Final of the Champions League 7-1. I know monaco aren't great but any team in that stage of the competition shouldn't be a push over.

These results do happen IRL though. A few years ago Arsenal lost to Man Utd 6-1... wish I could use that example the other way around :(

• 2 weeks later...
WHY DID YOU GO ON HOLLIDAY WHEN MATCHES ARE BEING PLAYED????

It makes no sense and i cant even think why the person would do it.

I do it all the time. I would say I holiday through about half my matches. They just take too long. Sometimes my assistant will not give them a team talk after a while and the players will become upset because I'm not giving them enough credit. Then I'll just do 2-3 matches straight and give them normal team talks. Then the problem's solved until it happens again in a while.

I do it all the time. I would say I holiday through about half my matches. They just take too long. Sometimes my assistant will not give them a team talk after a while and the players will become upset because I'm not giving them enough credit. Then I'll just do 2-3 matches straight and give them normal team talks. Then the problem's solved until it happens again in a while.

what do you get out of FM then? not having a pop or anythng just curious at that as i would have thought the main motive of playing FM would be the matches.

obviously there are managers IRL who prefer to be in the stands than in the dugout.

How is that having a pop? The OP asked how it happened. Micado responded with the footballing answer. The only way for 8-1 to happen is as Micado suggests, no?

It's having a pop because it's blatant sarcasm. I'm sure the OP knows the "footballing answer" but I'm sure it's a rhetorical question. It's not so much this comment alone but the numerous other comments that add to the bilious tone of these forums. I play Civ4 quite a bit and follow their forums too but you very seldom get the flaming that goes on in these forums. Ah well.... :(

Probably about time this thread was closed.

Archived