Has anyone experienced this?

I don't understand why when my Keeper goes to pass the ball, my defender randomly gets in the way and it hits off the back of his head/legs and falls right to the opposing forward and he scores in an empty net. It's unbelievable.

And why does Adebayor get 35+ goals a season? He has never done that IRL, and hasn't even shown the potential to reach that at all. So why does SI insist on making him amazing every year?

I have a theory about why Arsenal is too good in the game (hence why Adebayor scores for fun). If you look in the database at Arsenal's Tactical Attributes screen, they have a very attacking style (Attacking 18, Pressing 18 etc), and FM appears to favour attacking teams. Might be interesting to set other teams to exactly the same Tactical Attributes as Arsenal and run a few seasons to see the results.

I've taken a look at the Arsenal players' CA/PA etc and I don't think that's the problem.

Manchester United also have an 18 for Attacking in Tactical Attributes, but they have lower Pressing and Tempo than Arsenal. Newcastle have 18 for Attacking and 18 for Tempo, like Arsenal, how are they doing in your games?

I could be completely wrong. It's just a hunch.

I know it's ridiculous. My main issue is the first one though, where the ball bounces off my player

I have a theory about why Arsenal is too good in the game (hence why Adebayor scores for fun). If you look in the database at Arsenal's Tactical Attributes screen, they have a very attacking style (Attacking 18, Pressing 18 etc), and FM appears to favour attacking teams. Might be interesting to set other teams to exactly the same Tactical Attributes as Arsenal and run a few seasons to see the results.

I've taken a look at the Arsenal players' CA/PA etc and I don't think that's the problem.

Manchester United also have an 18 for Attacking in Tactical Attributes, but they have lower Pressing and Tempo than Arsenal. Newcastle have 18 for Attacking and 18 for Tempo, like Arsenal, how are they doing in your games?

I could be completely wrong. It's just a hunch.

Interesting theory, I might have to test that. But I think you should also take all of Arsene Wenger's attributes and copy them over to Kinnear or Ferguson and see what that does as well

Archived