Negotiating high player sales prices

I've been reading up on these forums and I see people selling awesome players for 10mil +, middling players for at least 20mil and rubbish players for around 5-10mil, always much, much, much higher than their actual value.

I'm curious as to what you guys are doing to get these kinds of offers, or even when you offer your rubbish players to clubs, how do you get them to actually purchase them. They usually refuse to pay more than £0 for me when I offer them to clubs or just leave them on transfer list for £0.

I haven't sold a lot of players for much higher than their real prize yet, but I think I can determine some factors. You have to keep in mind that while a manager might be able to offload Darren Fletcher for £60M, he might be struggling to offload other players. It all depends or what targets the managers in the game have set their eyes on. The prices very much depending on what players are available and what the clubs need.

I did a few games with Manchester United, and I was never able to sell Darren Fletcher for more than around £10M at the start of the season. This was because I had made a lot of database changes, and none of the top clubs really needed a player of his type badly, and those who did had a lot of other much better targets (I had created some players). I player with as large a database as possible and with many leagues. In other games, where only few players have been loaded, there might be a big shortage of player such as Darren Fletcher, and if a club has a specific need or liking to the player, then they will be willing to pay much more for him. So, the interest has to be there, and to spartk more interest, you can use the 'offer to clubs' option.

In order to get the right price for a player, he would normally also have to have a long contract and be settled at your club. If he has a short contract and is unsettled, other clubs know they don't have to pay as much. Here, I don't know if it actually helps not to transfer list the player, but that's a pretty hard balance, since the player would be more reluctant to leave if you don't change his squad status and tranfer list him, scaring off possibly interested clubs.

The third thing to consider is performance. I see season after season that someone who has player an entire season and done well for his team, will much more easily attract attention. At the end of the season, clubs will be lining up to sign a player who has done well. Clubs such as Chelsea, will even sell their own players cheaply, to sign a slightly worse who performed well the last season. I'm not talking about any star performance here, but players the whole season and doing relatively well (above 7 in average rating).

Your only real safe bid for money would be if Manchester City are interested in one of your players. They will always be willing to pay more than they should (since their chairman is a sugar daddy). If you have a star player, you can feel pretty safe that you'll get a neat sum for him as well, but the very big fees only come when he's doing well, you're not willing to sell and top teams are chasing him.

A tip I've read here earlier and it really works:

You put the player on the list with the asking price of 0. You wait a couple of days and there should be plenty of interested teams. Then you offer him to clubs for 0 up front and whatever you want over 24 months.

Sold a 15M rated Giuseppe Rossi for 60M this way.

Oh well, if you don't like it, don't use it. I don't think of it as cheating, the OP can decide if he wants do try it or not.

I don't really know how much Rossi usually goes for, because in one of my games I bought him from Villareal for his minimum fee, and in the other he was already at Inter when I took over. I still think 60M is good money for him though. He's good, but you can buy two or three better players for that kind of money.

See I usually do that offer to clubs or transfer list for £0 then 24 months trick, but I often still cant sell a 10 million value player for more than 11-12 million over 24 months with nothing upfront. Also when clubs make offers its no where near as high as double the player value, its usually like 2-3 million above.

I'm Liverpool and Chelsea paid me £26 million for Robbie Keane who'd not played particularly much or well(6.6-6.7 avg. rating), and he was rated at about 7 million. Other clubs would reluctantly pay 10-12 million but chelsea really gave me great value, lol. The money was used to buy Federico Laurito for 28 million :D

A tip I've read here earlier and it really works:

You put the player on the list with the asking price of 0. You wait a couple of days and there should be plenty of interested teams. Then you offer him to clubs for 0 up front and whatever you want over 24 months.

Sold a 15M rated Giuseppe Rossi for 60M this way.

Do you reject all of the offers you get for the initial $0 offer? Or just ignore them and expect more offers? Thanks.

Well the old not for sale at any price blah, blah and the like does tend to up a players value over time.....but I'm not sure there's a good way of getting rid of crap players, especially outside of the premiership. More hit and miss really in lower leagues - if you really want to sell someone, then you have to transfer list them and then play them....hope they perform well. Else you'll just get lowish loan to buy offers which you can accept (I usually do, player is playing after all I assume, might help his valuation if these guys don't actually end up buying him)....

Archived