offer too good to refuse

Ok, dont want this to sound like a moan, but, well its going to be one.

Im in my 5th season, ive won the league twice and the champions league, the board loves me, I have a balance of £258million and a remaining transfer budget of £160million. I am using under half of my £2.7million a week wage budget.

Right - so now ive set the scene. Im chugging along nicely, had one of my star youth players really breaking through this year, hes 20 scored 6 goals in 9 starts from the left wing with a rating of 7.7. Estimated at £6million (and rising fast, started at £2.5million at the begining of the season).

Board accepts £16million. I have no say in it. WTF is that all about???

It makes no sense, ive rejected £60+ million for players in the past and this chairman hasnt blinked, but now £16million comes from man city and he sells him.

I completely understand this is in the game for a reason - and it makes perfect sense that the board will interfer in extreme circumstances (club needs the money, or the offer is ridiculous) but the chair man just sold a player for 1/2 of his potential value in a year or so and the money is so insigificant its silly.

EDIT - and to make matters EVEN worse - the money is spread over 24 months.... COME ON - in this case, it makes absolutely no sense.

It also depends on the player's ability at that time, and his value. If the offer is significantly higher and your chairman has a high interference, unfortunately there's not much that can be done. It's happened to everyone.

To prevent it happening here's what I do, personally: the players you don't want to sell, set their asking price to like £250k, then select 'reject all offers'. Any club wanting him will only bid in that region, no one will bid £16m for him. Your chairman won't have a clue.

It happened to me in FM08, I had Robinho and his value was like £35 mill and i was winning everything with Man U and then the Chairman interfered after chelsea offered £40 mill :O Annoying, I stopped playing for a couple of... Minutes after that.

It happened to me in FM08, I had Robinho and his value was like £35 mill and i was winning everything with Man U and then the Chairman interfered after chelsea offered £40 mill :O Annoying, I stopped playing for a couple of... Minutes after that.

Well it took me a minute or so to type this thread - does that count? :)

The biggest problem for me is that they don't (or didn't) take the finances into account. If you have that much money and are making consistent profit then they aren't going to sell one of your best players for something like 16m.

Also, I really want to see an option to tell the board that you're unhappy at the offer being accepted, if you're valued enough by your board you could even tell them you will resign if they accept it.

Archived