SI are becoming a joke

I just found out my first file is likely to crash when it comes to the end of my 1st season because I have Serie C1 and C2 loaded in Italy, what the hell is the point of me continuing just to risk the game crashing and me wasting my time? And whats the point in me starting yet another file on this bug-ridden game?

I can't believe SI get away with putting out a piece of crap like this, there should be some industry standard game checks to make sure companies cant get away with compeltely ripping off their customers by releasing half-arsed games EVERY YEAR. Yeah sure they may release a couple of patches, but they never even tidy the game enough as they are.

And then we always hope that next year will bring something better, but while they're faffing around putting stupid advertising boards onto the laughable 3D match rendition they're completely ignoring the fundamental of what the game is written on and putting out a game that looks like it shouldn't even be in beta testing stages

I can go and pick up a copy of Fifa 09 for 30 quid, so why do you charge so much money for a product that is nowhere near finished? I'm not comparing the 2 as games, but rather quality in production for value of money.

I think what Champ Manager are doing is what FM should look to do next year, postpone the game a whole season if you have to and deliver us something worth the money.. stop giving us half-arsed pieces of rubbish that aren't even worth playing for free nevermind 30 quid.

I seriously hope CM is something special just to give SI a kick up the backside and stop relying on being "the greatest" as its apparent they've become overconfident and complacent

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care, I'm annoyed I've wasted my money buying this as are many other people. I was getting by with the hundreds of stupid little bugs in the game, but this one has just ruined the whole game for me. Why should I spend 30 quid to beta test a game for SI? That's what the first lot of buyers are essentially doing

Anymore delusional fanboys with sarcastic comments can keep to themselves, I don't care what you have to say

I don't care, I'm annoyed I've wasted my money buying this as are many other people. I was getting by with the hundreds of stupid little bugs in the game, but this one has just ruined the whole game for me. Why should I spend 30 quid to beta test a game for SI? That's what the first lot of buyers are essentially doing

Anymore delusional fanboys with sarcastic comments can keep to themselves, I don't care what you have to say

Why could you not just respond to my post in the existing long thread about this issue?

Why could you not just respond to my post in the existing long thread about this issue?

All complaints must be kept in one thread, nice and neatly out the way?

Why should someone who pays £30 for a game that is not working be told this? He's not swearing or being an idiot. All valid points he wants to make after spending his hard earned cash.

Yeah, something like Alcoholics Anonymous where we all get to sit around and whinge :D

And my attitude isn't "ill considered", its just that, when I pay 30 pounds for a game I expect it to work on at least the most basic levels.. like not completely crashing when I finish my 1st season

Because its not just about that bug, that was just what sent me over the edge and I wanted to vent my anger. I feel like a mug for buying this piece of rubbish

How about you feel like a mug for ranting on for 3 paragraphs with stuff that every. single. user. on this forum is already aware of? Or feel like a mug for starting Yet Another Useless Time And Space Wasting Thread when you could've just responded here? Or feel like a mug because you've confused General Discussion with the Bugs Forum?

There are plenty of reason to feel like a mug. Don't do it just because SI made mistakes. That's for them to feel like mugs over.

I just found out my first file is likely to crash when it comes to the end of my 1st season because I have Serie C1 and C2 loaded in Italy, what the hell is the point of me continuing just to risk the game crashing and me wasting my time? And whats the point in me starting yet another file on this bug-ridden game?

I can't believe SI get away with putting out a piece of crap like this, there should be some industry standard game checks to make sure companies cant get away with compeltely ripping off their customers by releasing half-arsed games EVERY YEAR. Yeah sure they may release a couple of patches, but they never even tidy the game enough as they are.

And then we always hope that next year will bring something better, but while they're faffing around putting stupid advertising boards onto the laughable 3D match rendition they're completely ignoring the fundamental of what the game is written on and putting out a game that looks like it shouldn't even be in beta testing stages

I can go and pick up a copy of Fifa 09 for 30 quid, so why do you charge so much money for a product that is nowhere near finished? I'm not comparing the 2 as games, but rather quality in production for value of money.

I think what Champ Manager are doing is what FM should look to do next year, postpone the game a whole season if you have to and deliver us something worth the money.. stop giving us half-arsed pieces of rubbish that aren't even worth playing for free nevermind 30 quid.

I seriously hope CM is something special just to give SI a kick up the backside and stop relying on being "the greatest" as its apparent they've become overconfident and complacent

No 1 - Your main issue will be solved in the patch

No 2 - If you dont like it, dont play it simple! And if you despise it so much, dont buy it again!

No 3 - No piece of software is bug free, go ahead and buy FIFA but you will still have the same problems! FIFA has been patched 5 times since i got it on day of release!

No 4 - Please do a search and you will find threads like this posted previously which you can contribute to rather that starting a new one!

No 5 - Moaning is not good for the soul ;)

All complaints must be kept in one thread, nice and neatly out the way?
No, they should be kept to one thread if possible so that they are nice and in context and easily accessible for people to read without either forcing people with the same issue to scour through 50 threads, or cluttering up the forum with useless twaddle like this.

This is not an SI conspiracy, it's policy on every forum I'm part of. In fact, SI are incredibly liberal - if this was, say, the forum of my local team, this thread would've been merged into the other one by now.

So why release the game now if I can't play it til when the patch is released? That was the jist of my post

No 2 - If you dont like it, dont play it simple! And if you despise it so much, dont buy it again!

I do like the game otherwise I wouldn't buy it every year (bar last year), I just want it to actually work, for SI to fix the fundamental problems that appear every year and stop messing about with useless crap nobody wants like banner advertising for fmlive in the match engine

No 3 - No piece of software is bug free, go ahead and buy FIFA but you will still have the same problems! FIFA has been patched 5 times since i got it on day of release!

Though Fifa may have some small problems (like all games do) they're hardly as noticiable as FM. And Fifa being patched 5 times since release is a GOOD thing, it shows the creators are dedicated and thats why it is such a fantastic game. The problem with FM is they usually release 2-3 patches and then forget about the game forever and start on the new one. And the game is still loaded with bugs even after the final patch

No 4 - Please do a search and you will find threads like this posted previously which you can contribute to rather that starting a new one!

No thanks, I wanted to start my own one

No 5 - Moaning is not good for the soul

maybe not for yours, it is for mine

also, if more of you moaned then maybe SI wouldn't walk all over you with a game which, even the biggest fanboy has to admit, is loaded with annoying bugs

So why release the game now if I can't play it til when the patch is released? That was the jist of my post

because they weren't aware it was an issue. It doesn't affect everyone. It was a QA mistake, they've apologised for it and are fixing it. What do you want?
Though Fifa may have some small problems (like all games do) they're hardly as noticiable as FM. And Fifa being patched 5 times since release is a GOOD thing, it shows the creators are dedicated and thats why it is such a fantastic game. The problem with FM is they usually release 2-3 patches and then forget about the game forever and start on the new one. And the game is still loaded with bugs even after the final patch
Apart from the Serie C bug, what problems are far more noticeable than any other game, nay program of FM's size and complexity? Go on, give us some original content, some convincing arguments. As you go on to say, they'd make things better if they're right. If its just a case of "there are bugs, there just are!" then "keep it to yourself".
No thanks, I wanted to start my own one

There's no "no thanks" about it, those are the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up.

No, they should be kept to one thread if possible so that they are nice and in context and easily accessible for people to read without either forcing people with the same issue to scour through 50 threads, or cluttering up the forum with useless twaddle like this.

Erm, like i've already said, this thread and the one you linked to are completely different. This is not useless twaddle ffs. If a mod wants to close it and link the poster to the "correct" thread then fair enough. Can't see why you people jump on stuff like this and attack the threads starters

No real need for sarcastic comments like this

This a well thought out, original thread and contributes much to our community. Thank you.

It shows the makers of FIFA (EA) have much more financial clout! They have the staff and infrastructure to be able to release 5 patches in 2 and a bit months! This is good you say? Erm no, it compunds the point you make about SI releasing FM09 with bugs, which is common in any piece of software! Take the biggest software of all, Windows, that hs bugs that are being patched still! Advertising is a good thing! Surely you watch TV? Do you turn it off during adverts? No didn't think so! Advertising will bring in extra revenue which in turn can get used by SI to develop the game further! Pick your dummy up!

because they weren't aware it was an issue. It doesn't affect everyone. It was a QA mistake, they've apologised for it and are fixing it. What do you want?

I said what I wanted.. for the game to actually work before it is released.. this isn't just a small bug, it makes the whole game pointless for me as the Italian league is my fvaourite league to play in. And no a simple apology from this bunch of slackers means nothing to me

Apart from the Serie C bug, what problems are far more noticeable than any other game, nay program of FM's size and complexity? Go on, give us some original content, some convincing arguments. As you go on to say, they'd make things better if they're right. If its just a case of "there are bugs, there just are!" then "keep it to yourself".

You think FM is a more complexly coded game than something like Fifa 09 or most games released today? You're having a laugh arent you?

Do you want me to sit here and list every single bug I've encountered? You obviously know a load yourself seeing as you play the game, so why lie to yourself?

There's no "no thanks" about it, those are the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Everyone else has started one so I feel entitled to as well.. if you don't like it so much, then don't read it, don't feel the need to respond to every thread in defence of SI because thats all you seem to do

Can't see why you people jump on stuff like this and attack the threads starters
Because I'd just gone to the bother of explaining, for perhaps the third time today, what happened and what will be fixed in the patch, before he started a new thread and ignored that post. I'm not doing it for the sake of SI, I'm doing it in the hope that people will eventually get the picture and the forum can be used for, you know, "General Discussion" rather than "BUGS!" or "I've got issues too and need to empty my spleen to nobody in particular".

"No game is bug free" - the worst excuse and the worst way to defend a shoddy product. Just because you can't eliminate the tiniest of bugs does not mean you should allow major ones to get through testing year in, year out and then say "well every game has bugs".

I reinstalled FM09 today because i was bored. I thought i'd do something unusual, to make it fresh, and manage in the South African leagues (there are so many players over 33 there!)

40 Minutes into the first friendly, I closed the game down;

I had hit the woodwork 4 times already.

My goalkeeper got an assist

The game stopped responding when i wanted to check someone's stats.

Absolute tripe this year, and its a trend now with SI - they won't fix the f'ing thing and make the core of the game stable, instead they just expand and expand on top of bugs and poorly optimised code and focus on adding things like a actua-soccer based 3d view and press conferences that get old by the time you're two months into the season.

lets not forget the "re-written" transfer system, which still features ai not at all buying like they do in real life (Wenger spending £30,000,000 on players that are over 29!), while clubs make some absolutely ridiculous offers (Man City will give you basically whatever absurd amount of money you demand for your player) oh and clubs still repeatedly make offer after offer for the same player.

Lets not forget the horrendous amount of injuries that "somehow" made it through testing.

Oh and all of the match engine bugs (corner cheat etc) that were present in 08 (and 07) are still there.

And on top of that, they decided to make the UI even harder to navigate through.

They rush the game out in November when they could have just taken another month to make it more stable and less bug-ridden and still have it out in time for christmas and then say "well we'll patch the rest, maybe".

Lazy, shoddy, poor, poor, rubbish, lazy development.

Because I'd just gone to the bother of explaining, for perhaps the third time today, what happened and what will be fixed in the patch, before he started a new thread and ignored that post. I'm not doing it for the sake of SI, I'm doing it in the hope that people will eventually get the picture and the forum can be used for, you know, "General Discussion" rather than "BUGS!" or "I've got issues too and need to empty my spleen to nobody in particular".

You shouldn't worry yourself about it mate. What mods are here for.

The point of my post is that the game shouldnt have game destroying bugs like this!!! A late patch is no excuse, this ruins the entire game.. I can understand small bugs which riddle trhe whole game being patched out int he forthcoming patch (which will no doubt introduce a whole load of new bugs itself, as always), but not things like this. SI don't give a damn about the product they release because of people like you, fanboys, who follow their every move and jump to their defence. If it wasn't for people like me constantly moaning, the game would be even worse. We keep them on their toes, so you should be thankful for threads like this

The point of my post is that the game shouldnt have game destroying bugs like this!!! A late patch is no excuse, this ruins the entire game.. I can understand small bugs which riddle trhe whole game being patched out int he forthcoming patch (which will no doubt introduce a whole load of new bugs itself, as always), but not things like this. SI don't give a damn about the product they release because of people like you, fanboys, who follow their every move and jump to their defence. [/b]If it wasn't for people like me constantly moaning, the game would be even worse.[/b] We keep them on their toes, so you should be thankful for threads like this

I've defended you but lets not get carried away :D

The point of my post is that the game shouldnt have game destroying bugs like this!!! A late patch is no excuse, this ruins the entire game.. I can understand small bugs which riddle trhe whole game being patched out int he forthcoming patch (which will no doubt introduce a whole load of new bugs itself, as always), but not things like this. SI don't give a damn about the product they release because of people like you, fanboys, who follow their every move and jump to their defence. If it wasn't for people like me constantly moaning, the game would be even worse. We keep them on their toes, so you should be thankful for threads like this

Yes, i was "thankful" for the other 100 odd threads too!

And of course, if SI didnt release FM2010 all you naysayers would be fine with that? No up to date transfers? No managerial changes? No real promotion/relegation?

Get the game fixed, polished and in a decent state and just release a date update next year. That would do.

Yeah I would actually, as I said, Champ Manager have delayed their game til March to make it the best they can, thats a very brave move and I applaud them for it. I also hope its a great game so it can knock FM off its flippin perch :D haha.. then maybe SI would get off their backside and create a great game

Yeah I would actually, as I said, Champ Manager have delayed their game til March to make it the best they can, thats a very brave move and I applaud them for it. I also hope its a great game so it can knock FM off its flippin perch :D haha.. then maybe SI would get off their backside and create a great game

And Champ Man would never knock FM off the No1 spot! Its been a joke for far too long now!

You think FM is a more complexly coded game than something like Fifa 09 or most games released today? You're having a laugh arent you?
No, I'm not. I'm a programmer, so forgive me if I bang on a bit about stuff that doesn't make sense, but here goes:

Games like FIFA09 and Pro-evo and Your-favourite-point-and-click-shooter are built using tools like DirectX or OpenGL, and then frameworks like the 3D engines supplied by Sony/Microsoft, or in-house developed 3D engines. These are quite complex, they need to model 3D physics and make it look like the game is real, and then also insert pre-planned animations like "stick out leg for tackle". However, these physical engines rarely if ever change, and are far more common than "Football Management Simulator". If you need to know how to make a ball drop using gravity, it's already there in the framework you're using. Hell, people have even used the engines for stuff like Half Life to create football games. They really don't differ all that much, and when the 3D is done, its done. Everything after that is just basically a mod-pack.

Football Manager, on the other hand, is an almost unique (it was unique, until their publisher stole their name. Er, yeah) game based on a -huge- database with research that is co-ordinated between thousands of people, the type of very good research that is used both by other game developers (Konami use FM's stats in Pro Evolution Soccer) and even by football teams (do a google search for everton & fm). This database, then, is put into a simulator where all these millions of numbers go up and down, depending on the other numbers, on random factors, and on what you the user puts in. Its impossible to test all the different scenarios; by the time the testing would be done, it would be time to release -next- years game. With so many chaotic factors, there's always mistakes. Always. The AI isn't perfect (nor should it be) and does stupid things sometimes. Very rarely, a mistake gets by that means all the numbers lock up at some point, and the game can't go on.

There's only one way for a ball to bounce in the Newtonian physics of an action game. A simulation game of this depth, size and complexity is far more complex and unpredictable.

A late patch is no excuse, this ruins the entire game.
Nobody's made any excuse, to quote Paul Collyer "We hold our hands up and apologise".
SI don't give a damn about the product they release because of people like you, fanboys, who follow their every move and jump to their defence.

Why, then, have they gone to the bother of acknowledging the mistake and fixing it? They don't give a damn, right? I should be able to point you in the direction of a long example I gave about an Eidos published game called "Just Cause" that I bought in 2006, had bugs similar in scale to the Serie C bug that made the game literally uncompleteable and unplayable - and to this day, they have neither acknowledged the problems, nor patched them. Except I can't point you toward it, because its in another thread, and there are so many threads about it at this stage that I'd be all night trawling through them, and I've got a promotion battle to get back to.

If it wasn't for people like me constantly moaning, the game would be even worse. We keep them on their toes, so you should be thankful for threads like this
Sure.

All these wannabe mods need to open their eyes. FM is crap this year. As in properly crap. SI need to sort it out but I doubt they can, they're probably fixing something they consider more important (i.e the 3D engine). I paid £30 for this game and I am severely disappointed. SI you have let your customers down big time.

Surely you cant comment on 09 then? Not knowing what it like and all ;)

When have i commented on the actual game in this thread?

Also, I've played the full game thanks. ;)

Was gonna install the demo today and give it another go but it didn't work, and when i did manage to get it to work the ME was jerky so i gave up.

Gavin - I don't care if some rubbish game nobody has ever heard off was unplayable and the producers didn't apologise.. what has that go to do with me and everyone else being ripped off? A simple apology and a patch is not good enough. I want to pay for a game and be able to play it, not have to sit around waiting for a patch. What a joke

Its pretty annoying that some of the people in here (Gavin) don't realise/acknowledge that this is the 4th release in a row that has been bugged up to hell on release.

Some people are far too happy to bend over and take whatever crap they're given and then defend it to the hilt for no apparent reason.

But you all bought it! Grow some balls and vote with your feet! And were not wanna be mods, just people who obide by the rules of the forum!

Andrew, was it the demo you played? If not, that the licencing issue broken on your part! Either that or you fly the jolly roger!

How about you feel like a mug for ranting on for 3 paragraphs with stuff that every. single. user. on this forum is already aware of? Or feel like a mug for starting Yet Another Useless Time And Space Wasting Thread when you could've just responded here? Or feel like a mug because you've confused General Discussion with the Bugs Forum?

There are plenty of reason to feel like a mug. Don't do it just because SI made mistakes. That's for them to feel like mugs over.

ive come to the conclusion your the type of user that likes to nick pick at peoples posts saying things like "you don't have the right to open a thread on a subject that's already been talked about"

*Forum police alert*

Sorry but it annoys me that some people have the devine right to make there selves look good on this forum,i know multiple threads on the same subject can be annoying,but at the same time we all have the right to vent our frustration when it comes to shelling out £30

I just wish some folks would get of their high horses and give a little slack.

But you all bought it! Grow some balls and vote with your feet! And were not wanna be mods, just people who obide by the rules of the forum!

Andrew, was it the demo you played? If not, that the licencing issue broken on your part! Either that or you fly the jolly roger!

No. I played the full game a couple of weeks ago for an hour or two.

Wanted the demo at home to try again but i went back to FM07 not long after

Can you not abide by the rules quietly?

ive come to the conclusion your the type of user that likes to nick pick at peoples posts saying things like "you don't have the right to open a thread on a subject that's already been talked about"

*Forum police alert*

Sorry but it annoys me that some people have the devine right to make there selves look good on this forum,i know multiple threads on the same subject can be annoying,but at the same time we all have the right to vent our frustration when it comes to shelling out £30

I just wish some folks would get of their high horses and give a little slack.

Just wondered, Do you have Sky or cable?

Just wondered, Do you have Sky or cable?
I have sky yes,none subscribed though as it's a rip off

why though ?

Archived