What's the biggest a ground can ever get?

With board expansions etc, what is the biggest anyone can ever get their ground, and are the restraints either financially imposed ie it'd require over 2 billion to build a new ground with the capacity or just the game having a pre-set limit.

Same variable limitation as finances then. Can't remember my integer sets of numbers, but surely 2 billion is a bit excessive, especially as capacity never needs to go negative, meaning quite possibly there would be the alternative version of both the negative + positive numbers. I think the 2bn one is long integer? Been a while since I looked at it and surely thats a lot of space wastage as its highly unlikely anyone would go beyond 1m even if the limit has been upped from 200k.

Nevermind that lol, the next one down has a maximum of 64k lol.

At least now its easy to see where so much of the games memory goes, even if the fields are blank they still use memory so every in game stadium wastes roughly about 5 characters lol.

At least now its easy to see where so much of the games memory goes, even if the fields are blank they still use memory so every in game stadium wastes roughly about 5 characters lol.

They could make it so that every stadium's capacity is stored as an odd number, and then doubled to be the real even numbered capacity, up to a maximum of 128,000. But then people would say they're cutting corners!

If you load a fair few leagues up though (on my save I have 16) some people may have ones like Indonesia with about 40 teams in one league. It's a lot of memory wastage. Suppose Nazi tutors at college just drilled it into me space should be saved at all costs lol.

Archived