Steam Purchase Quick Questions

Hi all,

If I buy the game off Steam;

a) Can I download it again onto my laptop too? I guess what I'm asking here is, do Steam users get the benefit of 5 licenses too?

b) Apart from it being a couple of pounds more expensive, are there any documented disadvantages to buying the game this way?

c) Do I need to be online whenever I wish to play the game?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sam.

i. Yes

ii. There is no direct link in your menu to the data editor. You have to browse in Explorer to it. Oh, and sometimes the servers can be a bit busy when you try to play, but if you try again around 20 seconds later it should be fine. You can avoid this by starting it directly rather than through steam.

iii. No, as I said you can just double click the game directly rather than starting steam and starting it from there.

i. Yes

ii. There is no direct link in your menu to the data editor. You have to browse in Explorer to it. Oh, and sometimes the servers can be a bit busy when you try to play, but if you try again around 20 seconds later it should be fine. You can avoid this by starting it directly rather than through steam.

iii. No, as I said you can just double click the game directly rather than starting steam and starting it from there.

Thanks for your swift reply! Think I will take the plunge...

Archived