Preferred Move Training Questions

Well, how I know some players may be unwilling to learn/unlearn certain traits but... I've asked Walcott to learn to run through the middle, which he has learnt but he is unwilling to unlearn running down the right. This is really frustrating as he advancing really well for me and I want him to cut in with his dribbling and finishing to get more goals. Why would he be willing to listen to me on one front but not another? Also, I've been playing him on the left wing much of the season so I really need this PPM removed.

Also, is there a sort of 'regeneration' period before you can ask a player to learn/unlearn another move? The reason I ask is because Walcott finally adapted to the 'central dribble role' on the 15th January and when I go on player action now - 22nd January - I the PPM menu isn't there anymore. How long does it take to re-appear or is this a bug that will be addressed in 9.0.2?

No, because hes right footed on the left wing, he will be naturally shooting with his best foot when he cuts into area or 6 yrd box. Lots of players do this, great for curling balls into the far corner. If he was left footed, to curl into far corner would have to use outside of the boot to get the curl past the keeper.

I believe there is a 'regeneration period', probably to stop people from learning perferred move after perferred move. The option will come back soonish. Same thing with players who have just finished being tutored, the option to be tutored again is removed for a while.

Ok thanks a lot. It seems a bit strange though as it does take around 3-6 months to learn a new move so you should be able to learn a new one straight away. Can anyone comment on an official time period I have to wait before training another one please?

Archived