Suggestion for FM2010 or maybe an update for 09

Do you think this is a good idea?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

I think it would be a great add-on feature, if it's at all possible, for FM09.

Since you guys update the rosters every winter break anyway, how about you give us the option to start the season during the winter break, with the championship tables setup the way they are in the real world, and basically you would have to either save a team from relegation or continue their championship run.

I'm sure that footballmanager.net (Or whatever the official website is called) issued some challenges similar to this, whereby you had 10 games to go to get promotion / avoid relegation etc. I thought they were a good idea, and I'd approve of the option to start in winter as well rather than having to replay from July after you add any January update.

There are plenty of challenges and save games out there already to complete that are similiar to this so there would be no point!

My thoughts exactly, it's why I voted no, a lot of this forums users I would imagine are aware of the challenges forum on here and other sites so would not need this implemented by SI

You can, Set the icelandic league to playable or view only and the game start date in december 2008.

EDIT: Or any scandanavian or the russian league.

DOUBLE EDIT: Or the south american leagues i think

Or just the Republic of Ireland league if you don't want to load too many extra players.

This is a pretty good idea, i voted yes, but i know some things that might improve it. I'm no expert, and these are just my ideas, but anyways, here we go. If you put this in SI, you might want to give the players the option of either real standings or fictional standings. This would give players the option to try new things each time. Also, to save from making a huge update, you could also try getting real standings for just the most popular nations to load (ie: England, Spain, Germany etc.).

Again, these are just my ideas, so they're not set in stone.

Archived