Problem with signing young players

Not sure if everyone else has this problem, and I'm not sure its really a bug, more a case of SI overlooking it, so I didn't post in the bug section.

I'm managing Arsenal, and keeping in with the Arsene way, I signed 5 16 year olds over the summer, all of which are predicted to be future quality players by my scouts.

I put them in the youth team to let them develop, and after a while in the confidence section, the fans are upset with my signings because they haven't played any matches etc, but they are only 16.

Does this happen to everyone else? and surely shouldn't SI code something in so if a player is of a certain age it has no bearing on fans confidence of signings, as they have a lot of developing to do before first team action.

This has annoyed me since the confidence was introduced last year, IIRC the only way they don't show is if you farm them off on loan as soon as they join, otherwise you gotta put up with it

I do agree that there should be something to stop players you blatantly aren't gonna play for a year or more appearing in the confidence section

Perhaps it should be linked to squad status, ie if you state he is a key player then the fans would expext to see him play whereas if you signed him as a hot prospect it shouldnt register until his contarct is changed, or plays a certain amount of games!

good idea this would improve the system

Archived