Future inflation?

I know most of you guys are now playing FM09 but some of us are still enjoying FM08, myself included. I have just reached the year 2022 and encountered something strange which i've never seen before. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if SI have intentionally incorporated this in to the game. The finances in the game have just doubled! Example : Previously my record sale was £10 million for a GK, now on the player in questions history screen it states he was sold for £19 million! Another example : All of my clubs finances have doubled, previously i had a balance of £70 million, now it's up to £140 million and all of the players wages have doubled too. So, i'm wondering, is this a bug or is it SI incorporating inflation in to the game?

Well, that's what i'm thinking.......but surely SI aren't that fore seeing?! ;-) It would be a great help if anybody else, who has had a long running career game, has had the same case as this? I'm just wondering as teams are bidding what i was previously asking for now. EG, player x was valued at £10 million, i was asking for £20 million. Now player x is valued at £18 million, teams are bidding £20 million. If it is a bug, and the pricess/finances have simply doubled then i don't want to lose out. What makes me think it may be a bug is the fact that players history screens are showing that they were sold for double of what they originally were. If it is, then maybe this thread should be moved to the bugs forum?

Ha, AB-forever.......you are a genius! Why didn't i think of that?! Strange that it was showing £'s. After putting so much time and effort into this career game it would have been a shame for a bug like that to have ruined it for me.

Thanks guys for all your help. :-)

Archived