Do you sell to your rivals?(real life feelings and biases)

I am Sunderland manager and have just started my 7th season, Stewart Downing has been a star for 5 seasons for my team but he is 31 and his replacement starting playing really well last season and broke the average rating record of the club. So I decided to sell Downing as he was on 47k a week, I offered him out for £5 million and alot of teams bid but I wanted him to go abroad so he couldnt score against me. I then offered him out for £15 million and Newcastle bit £4 million upfront and £10.5 million over 24 months, so I accepted and he went there. Its only 2 games until the Sunderland Newcastle match so he is bound to score isnt he?

Just wondering if you sell to your rivals or even to teams you hate in real life? I doubt I would buy any player from Newcastle on the game. Not sure why it just wouldnt feel right, so did I do the right thing in selling Downing?

(I dont want this thread to develope into a fan argument, just want peoples opinions about if they take their real life feelings into FM)

As a Newcastle fan, I'll only sell a player to Sunderland if I feel I'm ripping them off. I sold them 32-year-old Habib Beye for £8m which I thought was great business for me and not too great for them.

I certainly won't sell them anyone who has a bright future though.

Like some people in this thread have already said, I sell to the club that bids the highest amount, regardless of who they are. But, if there are mutiple bids for the same amount, I will reject bids from rivals/teams in the same country and accept the bids from clubs abroad :).

Nope if I have any control over it, I will prevent such a move. In my opinion it is best to sell a player to a foreign club.

Just lost a talented (probably future world class) versatile (DRLC) 19 year old Norwegian defender to Real Madrid in my game - I am Barcelona BTW. Should have extended his contract I suppose but I kind of forgot. Played 20 games this season the unloyal *****.

i have sold to bitter rivals such as rio ferdinand to arsenal but most of the time ill try avoid selling my better players to rivals oh and i never sell to real madrid at all

but some times such as manchester city offering silly amounts for average players of mine i do sell even if they my bitter rival

I never sell to rivals. I try not to sell to teams in the same league if possible, largely because most of my sales are because the player wants first team football rather than a lack of talent on their part.

However, bitter rivals such as the gooners I not only don't sell to, but lambast wherever possible in the media, press conferences anything.

Archived