Interesting observation about goalscoring

This is not another rant about "the tactics stink" or something similar, this is based on facts.

The point is, im playing in the Dutch premier league (Eredivisie) (got 6 major countries loaded with all leagues), with not a bad club, Ajax. Last season i played (2009-2010), the top goalscorer of the league was my Klaas-Jan Huntelaar with 17 goals, the season before (another game season) the goal count was 24 by another player. When you look at the history of the top goalscorers, u'll see that the last 4 years before the game started (so real life), the goalcount is 34, 33, 29,31 (first being the newest).

What i now see in the current season (ingame), is that mid december the top goalscorer (again huntelaar) has 7 goals, followed by a few players with 5. When comparing in real life (actually, ingame i am at yesterdays date...), the top goalscorers have 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 goals, with 2 players with 7 goals at 7th place.

In previous FM's, the top goalscorer lists were comparable to the real life lists, in fm09 this obviously isnt the case, the amount of goals (especially goals by strikers) is rediculously low, not only from the team i play with, but the whole league.

I've seen a lot of "its your tactics that cause that your strikers scoring problems" arguments on this forum, but if u look at these facts (ok its only based on 1 league, but that aside), there must be something else going on, this isnt only caused by flawed tactics.

p.s. in a holiday game that i made continue to 2054, the average top goalscorer amount of goals is 18-24.... with only 2 times rising above 30.....

I can almost guarantee it comes down to tactics.

I do however agree, that there is a problem. Getting it right is way too hard. I couldn't get it right myself, downloaded a tactic from the tactics forum and my strikers score tons.

I do however agree, that there is a problem. Getting it right is way too hard. I couldn't get it right myself, downloaded a tactic from the tactics forum and my strikers score tons.

So basicly it seems here that the AI cannot get it right itself either?

its the match engine not tactics, it is right what Iceman says about AI strikers aswell they dont score many either.

Archived