loaning of newly bought players

why is it that when you offer newly bought players to other clubs, it always say that clubs decline to make an offer because the player have just been signed and they will be unwilling to move? and this happens to players like 18 or 19 yr o so it shouldnt be the case? any explanations?

Yeah ive had this aswell.

im juventus and in my 1sy season at about januray mannigner requested a transfer because he wasnt getting any games. I accepted the tquested and i had a few offers accepted them and then the deal fell through with a message saying manninger was determind to prove his worth to the team after his recent arrival.

so he asked for a transfer, i got him one, then he complained becaus ehe was being transferred

odd

Well in real life you're not allowed to sell a newly bought player within 12 months I heard. Although Liverpool bought Mascherano when he had only been at West Ham for 6 months I think but Liverpool get everything otherwise they cry.. :D

We're talking about loaning though, it really is annoying that you have to wait to loan players out. I just bought a 19 GK and can't loan him out, don't have reserve team football so he has to play U20 football which he is too good for.

We're talking about loaning though, it really is annoying that you have to wait to loan players out. I just bought a 19 GK and can't loan him out, don't have reserve team football so he has to play U20 football which he is too good for.

However, that's the reality of the situation - a loan move is just an orchestrated transfer of registration. My own club had to deal with this when we had an agreement to sell Roy O'Donovan to Sunderland and have him be loaned back for the next 6 months - the transfer was completed and then UEFA/FIFA stepped in to say we couldn't have him back.

However, that's the reality of the situation - a loan move is just an orchestrated transfer of registration. My own club had to deal with this when we had an agreement to sell Roy O'Donovan to Sunderland and have him be loaned back for the next 6 months - the transfer was completed and then UEFA/FIFA stepped in to say we couldn't have him back.

There should be another story behind that particular loan move breaking down right?

Or how do we explain how in real life, clubs can buy non-EU players and send them out on loans within the same season for them to earn work permits/EU passports? Or does this only apply strictly to this kind of scenario?

There should be another story behind that particular loan move breaking down right?

Or how do we explain how in real life, clubs can buy non-EU players and send them out on loans within the same season for them to earn work permits/EU passports? Or does this only apply strictly to this kind of scenario?

Unfortunately, in real life, UEFA/FIFA tend not to enforce their rules on 'big English clubs'.

Another example is the 3 clubs rule that initially prevented Mascherano from playing for Liverpool. A player cannot play for 3 clubs in one season, so Liverpool initially thought they couldn't play him - until UEFA told them go right ahead. Around the same time, my club (Cork City) signed Irish internationals Colin Healy and Gareth Farrelly, before the start of our summer based season. Now, given that liverpool had just been allowed to break the 3 clubs rule, and that we actually had a new season meaning they wouldn't have played for 3 clubs in one season anyway, we thought it was all good.

Instead, we were blocked, and had to pay the highest wages we had ever paid to players, for 5 months without playing them. We took out costly appeals, to UEFA and to the Court of Administration in Sport - we never received any funding for pursuing these court matters, and the CAS decided to wipe its hands of the case despite it being a clear breach of European law to prevent a European from earning a living in Europe. Our ultimate downfall in that respect was that we chose to honour our contracts to Healy and Farrelly, which CAS saw as meaning they were earning a living.

Colin Healy came back playing well, but Gareth Farrelly didn't take well to not having played for 6 months, and never got into the swing of things. Financially and footballing-wise, it hurt our club a lot, we crashed out of Europe in the qualifying rounds to Swedish opposition (the first Irish club to do so in 5 years), we were miles behind in the league and finished 4th. The knock on effect set in motion the boardroom havoc which saw our club go into examinership and nearly go bust this summer, and we've recently had to sell our 10% stake in Kevin Doyle's next sell on, for a pittance at €200,000 just to pay wages over the closed season.

So, perhaps for realism, Football Manager should have UEFA/FIFA covering its eyes when clubs with lots of Asian fans and lots of money decide to break the rules.

Ignoring the anti english bitterness in this thread - wasnt mascheranos deal allowed to go ahead as it turned out that west ham infact, didnt own him and were technically loaning him (illegally), and thus his playing for liverpool wasnt two transfers within a season.

Not to mention the fact that the first games he played were in south america in a league that runs non-concurrently with the european leagues and thus this was also taken into consideration.

They are fixing loans in the patch so that if you bought them it doesnt come up with message that they wanna stay after just joining club, but you still wont be able to loan them in England because there is a rule against it, should be able to in next transfer window if you bought them early enough. Get yourself a feeder club in Scotland, Ireland or Wales and you can loan them straight away.

I thought it would be great if we could have an option to buy a young player and in our negotiations with the club, allow the young player to continue on loan with them as part of the deal. This has happen in real life so I thought would be a nice feature. Its like I signed Davide Santon and I was hoping to allow him to continue to be in INTER for a couple of seasons before letting him come over but now instead he is in my reserve team and unable to loan him out cos teams say that he wun come becos he just came to the club.

Ignoring the anti english bitterness in this thread - wasnt mascheranos deal allowed to go ahead as it turned out that west ham infact, didnt own him and were technically loaning him (illegally), and thus his playing for liverpool wasnt two transfers within a season.
No, thats not why. It has nothing to do with transfers, the player can be transfered but he cannot play. That's exactly what happened: Farrelly and Healy were Cork City players, but not allowed to play. They had played for 2 clubs already in 2006; To FIFA it did not matter that the League of Ireland was starting season 2007. Mascherano was a Liverpool player, and had already played for 2 teams in 2006/07. However, he was was allowed to play.
Not to mention the fact that the first games he played were in south america in a league that runs non-concurrently with the european leagues and thus this was also taken into consideration.
This is why. "Taken into consideration"? You realise the Irish league runs non concurrently with the English one? As do Scandanavian and Eastern European ones? "Taken into consideration" means "the rules were bent".

"anti-english"? The rule is a stupid rule. It's FIFA who I am bitter towards. It doesn't matter if its Liverpool or Juventus or Skonto Riga, the same rules should apply to everyone.

Also on a similar note i signed a player and moved him to an affiliate (you see it works sometimes) and the board confidence became poor with him because he hadnt been playing games!

Yeah it does work sometimes, it only applies when the player meets certain criteria. In my last window I signed 8 Spanish u18s and loaned them out to a spanish feeder club.

Unfortunately, in real life, UEFA/FIFA tend not to enforce their rules on 'big English clubs'.

Another example is the 3 clubs rule that initially prevented Mascherano from playing for Liverpool. A player cannot play for 3 clubs in one season, so Liverpool initially thought they couldn't play him - until UEFA told them go right ahead. Around the same time, my club (Cork City) signed Irish internationals Colin Healy and Gareth Farrelly, before the start of our summer based season. Now, given that liverpool had just been allowed to break the 3 clubs rule, and that we actually had a new season meaning they wouldn't have played for 3 clubs in one season anyway, we thought it was all good.

Instead, we were blocked, and had to pay the highest wages we had ever paid to players, for 5 months without playing them. We took out costly appeals, to UEFA and to the Court of Administration in Sport - we never received any funding for pursuing these court matters, and the CAS decided to wipe its hands of the case despite it being a clear breach of European law to prevent a European from earning a living in Europe. Our ultimate downfall in that respect was that we chose to honour our contracts to Healy and Farrelly, which CAS saw as meaning they were earning a living.

Colin Healy came back playing well, but Gareth Farrelly didn't take well to not having played for 6 months, and never got into the swing of things. Financially and footballing-wise, it hurt our club a lot, we crashed out of Europe in the qualifying rounds to Swedish opposition (the first Irish club to do so in 5 years), we were miles behind in the league and finished 4th. The knock on effect set in motion the boardroom havoc which saw our club go into examinership and nearly go bust this summer, and we've recently had to sell our 10% stake in Kevin Doyle's next sell on, for a pittance at €200,000 just to pay wages over the closed season.

So, perhaps for realism, Football Manager should have UEFA/FIFA covering its eyes when clubs with lots of Asian fans and lots of money decide to break the rules.

Thanks for providing such interesting insight Gavin. Pity about what happened with your club though, hope they ultimately come through this rough patch of theirs!

Thanks for providing such interesting insight Gavin. Pity about what happened with your club though, hope they ultimately come through this rough patch of theirs!

Thank you. I hope we pull through too, for obvious reasons - be it as a professional football team, or even just as regional amatuers, the important things is that the club survives :)

Archived