Can you raise professionalism, bravery, etc?

Apologies if this has been covered... a quick search produced nothing.

If I buy a young player who is not a good fit for my squad, because his professionalism is too low, for example, can I improve his professionalism over time through mentoring or other means?

Similarly, does bravery -- which cannot be trained -- change over time, and if so, what would influence it?

Many thanks for any insight.

I have seen things like bravery increase from tutors who are brave players. Although its not always guaranteed, some other stats like composure seem to improve with age.

Professionalism is a different ball game altogether, although a tutor may help that too if hes got the professional tag.

I have seen things like bravery increase from tutors who are brave players. Although its not always guaranteed, some other stats like composure seem to improve with age.

Professionalism is a different ball game altogether, although a tutor may help that too if hes got the professional tag.

Composure is taught by the shooting training.

Professionalism can be improved by tutoring. For this to happen, the tutor must have a better professionalism rating that the youngster, and tutoring must be somewhat successful. The same goes for Determination, Sportsmanship, Pressure, Adaptability, Controversy, Ambition and Loyalty. If the tutor has a lesser rating, the youngster's rating will decrease.

When I tested this stuff in FM08, bravery was not affected by tutoring. I don't know if this has changed now, but I doubt it.

Archived