Trial Days

Just started my first save outside the premiership with Leeds and doing ok so far. I got asked if i wanted to attend a trial day, which i had heard about, so because this was my first one i went along, fine! The one thing that stuck out to me was that the standard of player was....... well......... crap! I watched the whole 90 mins and flicked through every profile of every player trying to snap up a bargain but couldnt find anyone that would improve the squad!

Has anyone had any success or is just i was unlucky and there are still some diamonds out there?

Cheers

A trial day is an event that happens only for certain clubs. I only know the English system, and in that any clubs outside the premier league can choose to have their manager or ass man or both attend to see players who have been released by thire premier league club's youth or reserve teams. These are young players who may still make an impact at lower league level. I have not played yet as a football legue club, but in the conference (Blue Square) leagues it is very usefull. There will be four teams these uncontracted players are in (<insert nationality> trialists I,II,III and IV) and the lower the number of their team, the higher quality (or, most likely, reputation) players are in there. Therefore, I and II are better for the higher up teams, and vica-versa for III and IV. However, I think championship/ high league one level may be too high, but I always send my ass man/scout (cant remember) because whwn I watch the higher level match as a conference team, I do occasionaly see a player rated as 'decent/good' siging for a championship club.

It's not likely to find top players in a trial day game, as this is for unemployed players. It's interesting when you manage a lower league team, but not for managers in the top divisions - they usually do not become an invitation mail.

Archived