This game is harder...

Well, I thought I would share with you all my final game of the season. It has come down to this... most times, my point tally would have seen me easily lift the title but Arsenal are sooo good. In fact, the only reason I am in this position is because luckily for me, Arsenal had Chelsea away for their last game of the season which they lost, otherwise they would be champions already:

one%20game%20left!.png

And the team to take them on:

one%20game%20left%20team.png

It comes down to one game away to a team languishing in last place, managerless (yup! :D) and already relegated. Hopefully I can come through this with a win. Gerrard has rallied the troops twice now (won the CL against Bayern - had the worst route to the final though - AC Milan (4-3agg), Barcelona (10-6 agg - don't ask, but I won 6-3 at the Nou Camp!!!), Arsenal (3-2agg) and Bayern (2-0) final.

So the real point of this thread is merely that I like the way the game is challenging now, though I think it needs a little tweaking in the way certain teams perform. Arsenal score far too many - and I was lucky to win my CL games against them. My formation works fine for every other team except them, where they had something like 25 shots on goal, 17 on target (which is why my keeper got MoM). Thankfully, I have the best defence in the league by a long way but this is mainly because I play a defensive formation - 4-1-3-1-1 and I hardly leak goals.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be winning this!

I have really fine tuned my tactics and found that the more defensive option has proved a lot better. I might let others try it out. It took a lot of tweaking and it would be interesting to see how others get on. Only big problem is that it requires a good striker. I have Torres which isn't a problem but others may struggle.

And Reina is only my sub keeper for this season. I wanted to try out Asenjo as he was a wonderkid before (just turned 21 - hoping to expose him to first team action). He hasn't performed badly - the only reason his rating is so low is because he never has much to do thanks to my defenders (good old Fazio - what a buy!).

I have really fine tuned my tactics and found that the more defensive option has proved a lot better. I might let others try it out. It took a lot of tweaking and it would be interesting to see how others get on. Only big problem is that it requires a good striker. I have Torres which isn't a problem but others may struggle.

And Reina is only my sub keeper for this season. I wanted to try out Asenjo as he was a wonderkid before (just turned 21 - hoping to expose him to first team action). He hasn't performed badly - the only reason his rating is so low is because he never has much to do thanks to my defenders (good old Fazio - what a buy!).

:D it would be interesting but super-tactics are hard to make now without the old arrow system.

How did you get on in your game.

Absolutely pummelled them:

yeeeesss!!!.png

Seriously, with my team, could it ever be in doubt? And I'm glad I chose 'The result will come'. My assistant suggested 'for the fans' but in a high pressure game like this (as I discovered 2 seasons ago by trial and error) sometimes you need to take the pressure off the players...

Should have a much improved team next year - my youngsters that I brought in have all turned wonderkid except Fausto Rossi who I'm hoping will do so to. I love my scouts! I've seen some people saying that you shouldn't listen to them and such but I think they have really improved them this year.

Should have a much improved team next year - my youngsters that I brought in have all turned wonderkid except Fausto Rossi who I'm hoping will do so to. I love my scouts! I've seen some people saying that you shouldn't listen to them and such but I think they have really improved them this year.

Good to see your scouts doing a good job. Don't put all your youngsters straight in; leave some more experienced players so composure isn't lost. That hint is from personal experience.

Really? I've had a good run with them. Pjanic was amazing very soon after exposure, as was Wilshere. Camacho indeed hasn't been as good, nor has Sneijder or Rossi.

I'v had a mixed bag. I do have enough older players though, in Gerrard, Masch, Babel, Torres, Aguero, etc to cover them. My midfield is packed well and any of their mistakes are covered. I may not risk Graham Dunn, my 17 yr old wonderkid defender (regen).

Really? I've had a good run with them. Pjanic was amazing very soon after exposure, as was Wilshere. Camacho indeed hasn't been as good, nor has Sneijder or Rossi.

I'v had a mixed bag. I do have enough older players though, in Gerrard, Masch, Babel, Torres, Aguero, etc to cover them. My midfield is packed well and any of their mistakes are covered. I may not risk Graham Dunn, my 17 yr old wonderkid defender (regen).

:D, it is best to have an experienced player in defence and midfield, just to keep the ship steady.

Archived