How come the default match sounds are so poor?

I always download soundpacks that people make for the Fm games, But seen as no one as made anyyet i have been stuck with the default sounds. I have now turned the sound off.

Anyway i downloaded the free cm01/02 game last night and had a mess about on it, and it reminded me of how good the match day sounds were back then.

Made the game so realistic with the away fans singing/ home fans singing and looping like a real match. Plus the your not singing anymore chant when you score some times and many other common chants.

So just wondering why the sounds have gone so bad? Is it because there was no match to watch back then only commentry so they made up for it with sounds and now they have the match to watch they do not bother with the sounds or was it Eidos that mainley did the sounds for the old Champ Man series?

Just curious to know.

Audio is poor and has been for a long time. Most people don't play with it on I guess. S.I. probably did some market research and decided it wasn't worth the investment. Either that or there's hidden legal issues ..

I would not be too happy with commentary, but some kind of context specific sound engine would be nice. Such simple things as differing cheers for goals (in Italy they roar not scream yes etc) and more club specific chanting or crown noise. Also the ambient levels don't really work; crowd positioning/dynamic volume is not included and they really miss the chance to exploit directional high def audio. There's one fixed loop, which is very short and a goal scored cheer with one or two oohs and ahhs thrown in. As you say, its rubbish.

FM/S.I. really needs to sit down and put together a whole new ui and match day experience package for FM10 if its going to stay ahead of the competition tbh.

Archived