Im new to PC Gaming, these forums, and Football Manager, a few questions

I have looked on ebay for this game, and there are many sellers selling a patch for this game, are there many issues with it, and does the patch cost?

Also i have a Toshiba L300D laptop with 2GB of memory, 2Ghz, will this game play on my laptop, and if so will it be very glitchy and jumpy, with framerate issues?

Should i get this game, or are there many problems with it which i should wait out until the 2010 version?

And the concept of football managing doesnt appeal to me much, but many friends have convinced me thats its really fun, is this true?

Many thanks in advance

Do not pay for the patch. It is available for free download.

In relation to whether it will play well one your computer, download the demo and the demo patch and try it for yourself. This way you can also see if you like the game before commiting to a purchase.

Also a second patch is being released soon which should bring it right upto scratch. Personally, I haven't seen any showstopping bugs in the patched version.

I have looked on ebay for this game, and there are many sellers selling a patch for this game, are there many issues with it, and does the patch cost?

Also i have a Toshiba L300D laptop with 2GB of memory, 2Ghz, will this game play on my laptop, and if so will it be very glitchy and jumpy, with framerate issues?

Should i get this game, or are there many problems with it which i should wait out until the 2010 version?

And the concept of football managing doesnt appeal to me much, but many friends have convinced me thats its really fun, is this true?

Many thanks in advance

In order...here we go...

1.) Don't buy the patch it's free to download.

2.) Laptop might be an issue but if you buy a Toshiba that's enough of a problem in itself ;) Download the demo version and demo patch and give it a trial.

3.) The full version (with patch) I think is superb and I could never wait another year for it.

4.) Honestly you won't find people here saying it's not fun.

id say go for it your friends tell you the truth yes there are a few minnor problems but they were fixed with the patch which is free. also there is a new patch comming out on the 18th of this month if i remmember correctly. aslo dont buy the game off ebay because there is a chance some or even all the registrations have been used perhapes buy fm09 from a well known source you are proberly going to pay around £25-£28 for. but be warned once you pop you carnt stop enjoy!!!

Regarding #4, its going to depend on your patience.

I'm a fan of sports-management games, who had little experience with football before I started to play the game. I've learned more about the sport from FM than I had known prior to starting, and its very much converted me to footie-fandom.

However, as a game its going to tend to provide a large emotional payoff after a large time investment, with some frustration "coming to terms" with it as you get started, cut your teeth on strategy, etc. Its very much a strategic game with a long-term world view.

If you're a sports fan, esp. a footie fan, and you're the kind of guy with plenty of patience, who enjoys building something and then reaping the rewards of what you've built, I highly recommend it.

If you're not a sports fan, and/or you have a short temper and little patience, like to succeed immediately when you play a game, prefer short games, or prefer "twitch" games like first-person shooters, or FIFA, etc, then this may not be the game for you. In that case, I'd definitely recommend seeing if you enjoy the demo before you decide to invest in a purchased copy.

Archived