What happens when...(re: PPM's)

your left winger has a PPM runs with ball down right?

you ask a player who has runs with ball down right to learn runs with ball down left? Will it overwrite or will he have both?

Did a quick search but was unable to find any comprehensive answers.

Re: the first question, he will only utilize his PPM when it is appropriate for him to do so.

For example, if you have him set to "Come Short" for throw-ins on the right side, he may receive the ball, then run down the right.

He's not going to hightail it across the pitch at random just to force his way into his PPM. :)

He's not going to hightail it across the pitch at random just to force his way into his PPM

you hope ;)

I've got an AML/R with the PPM "Runs down right", and a Decisions of 6. (We're lower league). If I play him on the left side, he doesn't head stupidly across the pitch to run down the right!

Not seen it in the game but IRL...that's another thing! Walcott seems quite happy on the left with a PPM of running down the right wing without managing to stray too far off the touchline.

:D @ santy

Obviously you can fix that by asking him to Run With Ball Down the Middle. :D

Seriously, I expect that it will depend on the amount of space available to either side, his position, his Decisions attribute, and his creative freedom.

I think of Decisions as a key attribute for all players, for exactly this sort of reason!

Archived