4 questions that I'm stuck with....

Hi all,

I'm new to FM 09 and to this forum, so my apologies if these questions have been covered before.

1) I am notified of a period when 'Free Transfers' are available. But how do I find out which players are on the Free Tranfer list? Is this possible and if so, how?

2) I am asked by other clubs "how much do you want for a player"? Can I find this info out from clubs, especially when I am bidding for a player continuously and being refused?

3) I am frequently offered a player by a club (from a different league) for a specified price. Is this the same as me choosing the "Offer Player" option or does this option only offer my player to the same league teams?

4) How can I perform a special search for 'only' defenfers or 'only' right sided midfielders for example? What terminology do I need in the search bar?

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

Toppers

1) At the player search screen, go [Filter] -> Customize -> Add -> Contract Status -> Expiring.

2) Go to a player, then go 'Make an Offer' and set Offer Type to Enquiry.

3) Yes. Offer player offers the player out to all AI clubs.

4) Go to player search, go [Filter] -> Customize -> Add -> Position -> Desired position.

Okay...

1) You go to player search, filters, contract status, unnattached and in a lot of cases Expired. This will bring up all players avalible on free transfer. On my game right now, in 2013 during September, the number here are a casual 2169 on unnattached and 3267 who's contracts have expired.

If you're going to look for players this way, you better have a good eye.

2) It's just an enquiry, most clubs will flat out reject them if they are a key player. Basically, you bid your heart out until they can't refuse if they really want to keep a player. Your scouts can sometimes help with this too, if you scout players well enough (with good enough scouts) they will tell you an estimate. Normally fairly close.

3) It's just them offering out their player.

4) Go to player search, filters, position, then pick what position you want. However, if a player can play in a position they are listed. Be careful to note that.

Archived