Fan days

Hello everyone,

I need some guidance regarding to fan days. I'm with Leeds and we are moving up from League 1. Right now is the first season in February and the board decided to have a fa nday. Our opponent was Scunthorpe and we won 0:2. The attendance was about 28000 fans. The game went really well and we played nice football. BUT, I got a message after the game:

"Unfortunately the match experience was somewhat of a dissappointment and the board are unsure if the event will help boost club attendances in the long run."

So, my question, will they held another fan day or not? Was it a success or not?

I'm a little bit confused. Maybe that is because of my poor English...

Fmprof;2275020']Hello everyone' date='

I need some guidance regarding to fan days. I'm with Leeds and we are moving up from League 1. Right now is the first season in February and the board decided to have a fa nday. Our opponent was Scunthorpe and we won 0:2. The attendance was about 28000 fans. The game went really well and we played nice football. BUT, I got a message after the game:

"Unfortunately the match experience was somewhat of a dissappointment and the board are unsure if the event will help boost club attendances in the long run."

So, my question, will they held another fan day or not? Was it a success or not?

I'm a little bit confused. Maybe that is because of my poor English...[/quote']there should be a "fan day" once a season; completed 3 full seasons now with Wrexham, and the board have been "happy" twice with fan days, and indifferent with the 3rd match (won 2 and the other was a bore draw, hence the less-than-happy board)....

sometimes you see messages about your next opponent having a "fan day", not entirely sure why though? maybe because they are going all-out to win, and you can nobble them (or something)?

attendances do seem to creep up a bit, after a successful fan day, not by a BIG margin though!

I think you have to create chances, and have a *good* performance/match; if you win 2-0 and only have 2 shots on goal, you will get the points, but the crowd likely won't be happy, hence the board responding similarly....

Fmprof;2275136']Yes' date=' you maybe right because I've checked the match confidence and although we won it was just an okay performance. That could be the problem.[/quote']

I think it depends on the match odds as well - if you are a "heavy" favourite (dunno, 7-1 on or whatever), and only win 1-0, draw the match or (or worse!), there will be problems too! fans will expect you to deliver goals....

if your fan day happens to be against a stronger/bigger team, and you lose, you may still be ok if you play well (and say lose narrowly 3-2 or something) - only seen 3 fan days so far, so don't really know for sure!

Archived