european qualification in eriedivisie????

i dont know to be honest 4457, all i know is that i have checked a few times and it isn't there, only the x points for a win and sorting rules. Unless they've added a drop down that i've got to select (like you gotta do to see you pitch condition). Cant check now as im at work but will post a screenie later (possibly one for the data issues thread)

In addition to skorp:

The real life rules state that teams placed 5 and 8 play each other, as well as teams 6 and 7 for a spot in the play-off final. The winner of this play-off qualifies for the UEFA CUP/Euroleague thingy as well.

Same goes for the cup winner and the loser of the cup-final if the cup winner is a team placed in the top 4.

Very clear...

1st place : Direct qualification for CL

2nd till 5th : play off or 3rd qualification round of CL (winner get's that place other 3 are EUfa cup)

6th till 12th : Playoff for ONE Eufa cup place and one place for intertoto

13th and 14th place, Done with the year

15th till 17th + some teams from first division play off for promotion/relegation

18th Direct relegation

You are sure it is not in the rules page (can't check now am at work), I now for sure it was in FM08.

Cup winner also qualifies for Eufa cup. If the cup winner is not within the first 5 place after the season a other format is used.

Check out wikipedia it is in Dutch.

does anybody know off-hand what the euro qualification rules are for the eriedivisie? its not in the rules page on my game and i need to know what im aiming for (i.e. 1st and 2nd = champs league or whatever it is)

Well, here goes my first post :)

As beeing a Dutchy myself, let my explain. IRL the rules for the 2008/2009 season are as followed. The team that comes in 1st in the Eredivisie (the league) qualifies itself for the group stages of the Champions League. The number 2 qualifies for the 3rd qualification round of the Champions League. Number 3 qualifies for the play-offs of the UEFA Cup. If you come in 4th or If you win the KNVB Beker (the domestic cup) you will qualify for the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup.

The are two exceptions to this rule. Firstly, If the number 4 qualifies for the final of the KNVB Beker and in that final they have to play against a team that has finished as number 1, 2 or 3 the left over ticket for the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup (as both finalists have already qualified themselves for European football) goes to the team that has finished 5th in de Eredivisie.

Furthermore, if the winner of the KNVB Beker has already qualified itself for the (qualification round) of the Champions League by coming in 1st or 2nd in the Eredivisie the losing finalist of the KNVB Beker that has not yet qualified itself for European football before the final will qualify for the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup.

Secondly, If both finalists of the KNVB Beker have already qualified themselves for the (qualification round) of the Champions League by coming in 1st and 2nd in the Eredivisie the left over ticket for the play-offs of the UEFA Cup will be past on to the team that has finished 4th in the league. The left over ticket for the third qualification round of the UEFA Cup will be past on to the team that has finished 5th in the league and will therefore not compete in the play-off for one ticket for the second qualification round of the UEFA Cup (I'll get back to this).

The teams that have finished 5th to 8th in the Eredivisie will play against each other in a play-off. The team that has finished 5th in de Eredivisie will compete against the team that has finished 8th and the team that has finished 6th will compete against the team that came in 7th (1 home and 1 away match) in a maximum of two rounds. Both winners of these matches will compete against each other (1 home and 1 away match) for one ticket to the second qualification round of the UEFA Cup.

The only exception to this rule is that If (I told you guys I would get back to this) the team that has finished 5th in the Eredivisie already have been handed down a ticket to the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup their place in this play-off will be taken by the team that has finished 9th in de Eredivsie.

I hope I have been of some assistance to you guys, and sorry for my English as I'm not a native speaker :o

Well, here goes my first post :)

As beeing a Dutchy myself, let my explain. IRL the rules for the 2008/2009 season are as followed. The team that comes in 1st in the Eredivisie (the league) qualifies itself for the group stages of the Champions League. The number 2 qualifies for the 3rd qualification round of the Champions League. Number 3 qualifies for the play-offs of the UEFA Cup. If you come in 4th or If you win the KNVB Beker (the domestic cup) you will qualify for the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup.

The are two exceptions to this rule. Firstly, If the number 4 qualifies for the final of the KNVB Beker and in that final they have to play against a team that has finished as number 1, 2 or 3 the left over ticket for the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup (as both finalists have already qualified themselves for European football) goes to the team that has finished 5th in de Eredivisie.

Furthermore, if the winner of the KNVB Beker has already qualified itself for the (qualification round) of the Champions League by coming in 1st or 2nd in the Eredivisie the losing finalist of the KNVB Beker that has not yet qualified itself for European football before the final will qualify for the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup.

Secondly, If both finalists of the KNVB Beker have already qualified themselves for the (qualification round) of the Champions League by coming in 1st and 2nd in the Eredivisie the left over ticket for the play-offs of the UEFA Cup will be past on to the team that has finished 4th in the league. The left over ticket for the third qualification round of the UEFA Cup will be past on to the team that has finished 5th in the league and will therefore not compete in the play-off for one ticket for the second qualification round of the UEFA Cup (I'll get back to this).

The teams that have finished 5th to 8th in the Eredivisie will play against each other in a play-off. The team that has finished 5th in de Eredivisie will compete against the team that has finished 8th and the team that has finished 6th will compete against the team that came in 7th (1 home and 1 away match) in a maximum of two rounds. Both winners of these matches will compete against each other (1 home and 1 away match) for one ticket to the second qualification round of the UEFA Cup.

The only exception to this rule is that If (I told you guys I would get back to this) the team that has finished 5th in the Eredivisie already have been handed down a ticket to the 3rd qualification round of the UEFA Cup their place in this play-off will be taken by the team that has finished 9th in de Eredivsie.

I hope I have been of some assistance to you guys, and sorry for my English as I'm not a native speaker :o

Me Dutch as well, but totally missed that they have (finally) chagned the whole playoff thing

Archived