A few pointers please

Hello, I'm due to start playing 09 when it arrives, was not going to get it a 1st but have since changed my mind.

So anyway i'm after 2 bits of info, how many friendley do you think a team should play before the season if your wanting to try out your tactics?

2nd whats stats do you look for in a sweeper?

Thanks in advance guys

Remember to download the patch before you start. ;)

You probably wouldn't want to wear out your team by playing too many friendlies. I personally think five is just about right. You could always test tactics with reserve friendlies, I suppose.

Attributes for a sweeper will be dealt with at length and in detail in the Good Player Forum. I'd usually go for concentration, tackling, positioning, heading, pace et etc.

The amount of friendlies depends on the league, the training workload and the squad depth. 09 focusses on squad rotation quite a bit, and I tend to leave at least 4 days between friendlies, so i'd organise a friendly every 5th day, and see how many that gives me.

Friendlies won't be enough to test tactics IMO, so it's best to start a test game and work on tactics from there rather than rely on 3 or 4 friendlies.

Archived