Go to my pc.com

depends on the monitering systems your IT department uses, but yes, strong possibility of them finding out what you up to

Yeah we've used this at work (for work-related stuff). You can definitely connect to your home PC and play FM, but your bandwidth usage will spike and it'll be very hard not to get noticed.

You can actually use Windows' Remote Desktop Connection too. It's free.

You could also use teamviewer. With this program you can set up a safe VPN connection withing seconds and take over the other PC, You even can reboot the other PC and when started up the secure connection is established automatically again.

Only minuspoint. When starting this, you should also start the teamviewer on the PC you want to take over and have to type in a pin code which is displayed on the other pc into the programm on your pc.

I've tried playing FM over remote desktop, and it doesn't really work due to the graphic-heavy interface. If you had a fast enough connection, you could probably get away with it just about..

Most of the time you're sitting there waiting for the screen to re-draw. Anyone who's ever tried to do any Photoshop or Flash work over RDP know what I mean.

• 4 months later...
Your wife would be a little spooked if she walked past the pc playing by itself though.

:D

Especially if you happen to be typing a few swear words into the "Additional Comments" box during a press conference, she'll think the computer's possessed by the devil or something.

I use LogMeIn on my work labtop and have tried this but as someone has said above all I get is a black screen.

I didn't really expect the graphics to work but I would have thought you could access your team screen etc.

Why wouldnt you install FM on yor work PC/Laptop ? :)

Atleast i did.

This is exactly what im wondering. Why would you bother to use remote access when you can just install the game at work - UNLESS you are banned from installing any un-autherised programmes. But the remote access programme would fall under that category anyway

You would be daft to do this, if you get caught your HR dep or boss could quite easily sack you. You would be breaching company security and in breach of your working contract.

I know FM is addictive, but it is not worth losing your job over

You would be daft to do this, if you get caught your HR dep or boss could quite easily sack you. You would be breaching company security and in breach of your working contract.

I know FM is addictive, but it is not worth losing your job over

On the flip side, you wouldnt need a program like GotomyPC.com or others, there would be plenty of spare time to play it!

I suggest you should take his advice! In a recession you should never give your management an easy opportunity to sack you and reduce their wage bill!

I can confirm that this works, on my laptop anyway. It was nowhere near as slow as I was expecting (there is some lag but not much), but the 3D match engine doesn't seem to work (but that's probably because my laptop's crap and I haven't updated it in a while). I'd probably use this if I didn't have to pay for it.

I can confirm that this works, on my laptop anyway. It was nowhere near as slow as I was expecting (there is some lag but not much), but the 3D match engine doesn't seem to work (but that's probably because my laptop's crap and I haven't updated it in a while). I'd probably use this if I didn't have to pay for it.

with what software? How does the 2d match engine run?

What do you mean 'with what software'? And I didn't check the 2D engine; the matches do play, it's just that you don't get to see the players moving on 3D. I guess that's just the price you've got to pay for being able to play FM almost anywhere where there's a computer (other than the price of the programme of course).

What do you mean 'with what software'? And I didn't check the 2D engine; the matches do play, it's just that you don't get to see the players moving on 3D. I guess that's just the price you've got to pay for being able to play FM almost anywhere where there's a computer (other than the price of the programme of course).

i meant with what remote software, logmein, gotomypc, remote desktop, remote admin or vnc?

Archived