The Invincibles!

Theres probably millions of you that have done this, and probably something even better but i just gotta share this with you since no one i know plays this game. By the way, this is in fm08, havent had the privilage of the new one yet...

The date is the 29th of Sept 2010. I am coaching KR, an icelandic club, and have since Dec 2007. In those 3 years i have always won the league and a couple of cups, alongside an increasing level of participation in the european competitions. Unfortunately i lose out to Reynir on that date, not a big thing as its my last game of the season, a season already won, and i was resting a number of players for my european encounter with feyenoord 2 days later.

But something historical since then. I have played 4,5 more years and the date is the 12th of July 2015. I have just won HK, increasing my lead over my nearest competitor to 6 points, and most probably heading for an 8th consecutive league title. In these 4 and a half years ive grown to be the highest ranking scandinavian club by far and raised the icelands level in eu competitions, meaning that i can skip the first CL Qual round, im seeded for the second (and hopefully after 2 consecutive group stage entries, the third) Qual round. the number of icelandic UEFA cup participants has risen by one to 3 teams, while there is still one in the Intertoto cup although they can skip the first round.

But almost even better than that, I have not lost a single game since that fateful september evening. since then i have gona 4 seasons unbeaten and this season is a little over half finished, and given that there are 22 games in a season, ive now played 100 games unbeaten in the league!!! The sad part is that it wasnt even mentioned in the game...maybe something to fix, i mean when u reach a number like 100 unbeaten games there should be at least a pat on the back...

But i'm sorry for the long build up, like i said, theres no one around that plays this game so i cant talk about it to anyone, gotta vent it all out here http://community.sigames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Thanks for listening

ps. if u really must then maybe u could list some of ur unbeatable streaks, as long as their not better than mine http://community.sigames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Its because in game if you lose in any competition you lose your unbeaten run. but if you check to see League records you should be in there. I think its stupid, there should be a seperate one for League unbeaten run.

Well it is apparently saved because once in a while there comes news about it like here (cant remember how to put the link in better so this will have to do ;) )

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unbeatenrunpo7.jpg

So i would have thought i would get something like that...

But have you guys done something like this? I'm sure u have, just try not to make me look too bad ;)

Thats absolutely amazing lol, when you started saying you had one consecutive leagues i was like meh easy done. As i have done 8 consecutive leagues and German cups and 7 of the last LEague cups with Dortmund! Lol

But being unbeaten for that long really does make it quite an achievement! Do you draw many games at all?

The Most Amazing thing that happend to me was when I started recruiting players for my U19 Team of Celta Vigo for the Spanish competition

Now the Spanish Under 19 League consists of 16 clubs as (Real Madrid, Altetico Madrid, FC Barcelona and Sevilla employ their own system and have pulled out of the youth competition)

Altough I didn't control this team I take a lot of credit for it since I recruited in "Wegneresque" fashion most of its players. EU Nationals that play for the U19/U21 Team at the age of 17/18.

My First season with Celta the U19 Team got just one defeat (I think this was in combination with a U19 team scheduled during international call ups)

During the second season my U19 Team Coached by Assistant Manager Merida (not sure)

Made a Perfect/Flawless season went a whole season without dropping any points both winning the cup and League

in 30 league games they scored a perfect 90points!

and managed to score over a 100 goals (think they finished on 109/111)

I am still trying to reach the 100goals scored in a 38game season with Arsenal but am quite off....

Thats absolutely amazing lol, when you started saying you had one consecutive leagues i was like meh easy done. As i have done 8 consecutive leagues and German cups and 7 of the last LEague cups with Dortmund! Lol

But being unbeaten for that long really does make it quite an achievement! Do you draw many games at all?

I just finished my 5th consecutive season unbeaten now, which mean 110 games. Here are those seasons:

2011: 20 2 0 Goals: 60 8 + League Cup + Champions Cup

2012: 22 0 0 Goals: 59 8 + League Cup

2013: 18 4 0 Goals: 52 12 + Cup + League Cup + Champions Cup

2014: 18 4 0 Goals: 56 4 + Cup + League Cup

2015: 16 6 0 Goals: 53 12 + Cup + League Cup + Champions Cup

Mind you in those last seasons the CL qualifying became more important because i actually had a chance ;) so a lot of the time my reserves played a bulk of the games. Thank god i have by far the best youngsters in the country ;)

The ironic part is that now im continentally known, my database of iceland, sweden and denmark isnt the best as teams in scandinavia are flattered to be linked with me but when i apply for the job they hire a lesser known native from the lower leagues rather than me. Maybe this is how it works...but i used to be linked to all jobs but now when im rich and famous no one will touch me ;)

I'm pretty sure those little clubs refuse to hire you because they don't think they'll be able to meet your wage demands, as I've heard of that happening before.

Fantastic achievement, by the way. I struggle to go a whole month unbeaten, let alone five years. ;)

Well im only earning 80,000 ISK (icelandic kronur) /week while the manager of a club in Denmark im looking to replace earns about 600 ISK/week so that doesnt seem to be the problem now...

YEah I mean by the looks of things all the icelandic clubs should have financial status in debt in the game and that egg head also screwed over West Ham now....

sutnop do your research before you talk, Eggert Magnússon owned 5% of the club when he did, he doesn't anymore. Björgólfur Guðmundsson bought that 5% so I dont see the "screw over" on Eggert's half.

@ phnompenhandy, We as citizens own all the nationalized banks and the debt that we ow is $100.000 per person in the country due to the loans the government has taken.

Archived