Mini Scout 1.5 released!!

Leinad

Guest mouloutk

I get an error "Couldn't create Search Databases, load a Savegame and restart Mini-SE" every time I load the application. icon_confused.gif

You need to load your game first before opening up Mini-SE.

Search works and it does not take long to load. 1.5 has ratings now while 1.4 does not. Your choice, ReneW. I guess some people will never be satisfied.

Originally posted by Leinad:

You need to load your game first before opening up Mini-SE.

Search works and it does not take long to load. 1.5 has ratings now while 1.4 does not. Your choice, ReneW. I guess some people will never be satisfied.

No offense but I did load the game first and that error still pop out. Maybe this one doesn't work on VISTA?

Mine keeps on crashing whenever I try and open it. I had this problem with 1.4 even though it worked previously. I am on XP and have netframe 2.0 installed, anyone know why it has stopped working all of a sudden??

I might be missing something really obvious but when I search I don't find any players. My FM game is loaded and I've loaded the game into miniscout but the search button does nothing.

I'm running Vista on an Intel Dual Core MacBook Pro

Originally posted by Wanson:

I might be missing something really obvious but when I search I don't find any players. My FM game is loaded and I've loaded the game into miniscout but the search button does nothing.

I'm running Vista on an Intel Dual Core MacBook Pro

Same here. Is there a dedicated forum for MiniScout?

Would be very interested in this as well!

The new version looks AWESOME, i guess it's a vista (probably .NET 3.2) related problem...

Is someone from the MiniSE team posting on this boards??

Originally posted by cantona2k8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The new version looks AWESOME, i guess it's a vista (probably .NET 3.2) related problem...

Is someone from the MiniSE team posting on this boards?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm having the same problems on XP. icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by cantona2k8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Is someone from the MiniSE team posting on this boards?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything seems to work fine except for the search button. You click it, it doesn't do anything. Some people said it takes 'a long time' but I left it open for 20 minutes without it doing anything.

I was wondering why won t make an open source scout, so updates and add ons come easier...

Use something like sourceforge and develop such a project, maybe you are more smart guys out there that can code and have time and like to do it. I play FM since back days, and i am quit addicted to mini se now, and genie scout before.

For now, mini se search doesn t work for me, beside seeing a player i am on, maybe because i am on Vista, dunno, i have tried running it in compatibility mode, so on, but the search feature doesn t work. And i was all wet when i have read that you have implemented a rating sistem. Thanks a lot, we owe you.

Waiting for updates icon_smile.gif

Great stuff.

A minor problem not mentioned thus far.

The search isn't updated to current data. To do an up to date search you have to shut down the Mini-SE altogether and restart. (unless I've missed something)

Can anyone else confirm this?

Originally posted by Earnest:

Great stuff.

The search isn't updated to current data. To do an up to date search you have to shut down the Mini-SE altogether and restart. (unless I've missed something)

(Has been confirmed). The reason being that any new regens which pop up throughout the season are not included in the "Load". Actually, I don't think you need to shut it down, you just need to click on "Load"?

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Earnest:

Great stuff.

(Has been confirmed). The reason being that any new regens which pop up throughout the season are not included in the "Load". Actually, I don't think you need to shut it down, you just need to click on "Load"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I tried that first and it didn't work, just tried it again now to be sure. You definitely need to close Mini-SE and open it again to refresh the search data.

Feel a bit petty for going on about it, like complaining about a small mole on the thigh of a beautiful new girlfriend.

Originally posted by Earnest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Earnest:

Great stuff.

(Has been confirmed). The reason being that any new regens which pop up throughout the season are not included in the "Load". Actually, I don't think you need to shut it down, you just need to click on "Load"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I tried that first and it didn't work, just tried it again now to be sure. You definitely need to close Mini-SE and open it again to refresh the search data.

Feel a bit petty for going on about it, like complaining about a small mole on the thigh of a beautiful new girlfriend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, thank you for letting me/us know. :-)

Moles are sexy in the right places.

Originally posted by Rangers;TheReligion:

Sorry for double post but im really not getting this ...

If you search for a players potential rating of say 90 ...

Some if you look at his actual PA its like only 90?

Whats the deal?

How can a player have the same potential rating as a wonderkid but his PA is only 90?

I think you're getting confused between the PA and the P.Rating.

A P.Rating of 90 will most likely have a PA of 190 plus, not always but in my experience.

A PA of 90 would likely result in a P.Rating in the 50s.

Of course the P.Rating is based not only on the PA but also how suitable a player's attributes are for his position. PA is most important though.

Wondering if anyone can help me please.

I have downloaded the 1.4 Miniscout for 8.02 but dont have a clue how to get it going ??

Everytime i click on the icon it comes up i have some sort of .NET problem what does this mean ??

Sorry but i dont really know anything that side of the game so any help would be great thanks guys.

Archived