Arsenal March to Glory. Again :(

I'm Leeds, so I can't take the credit for this.

Season1 - Arsenal win league with 99 points, 19 clear of Man U.

Season2 - Arsenal win league with 93 points, 18 clear of Spurs

Season3 - Arsenal win league with 93 points, 16 clear of Chelsea

Season4 - Arsenal win league with 101 points, 18 clear of Man City

I can't see any one getting close to them next season either !

Not sure if that means Arsenal are unlucky in real life or if FM 09 is just not very realistic ;)

Trouble is how do you fix this? That is if we're going to assume it is broken. It's either going to be a case of tinkering with player stats to make them weaker which is unfair given that I think they're about right, or it's a problem with the ME.

IMO it's the ME not taking into account the weaknesses Arsenal have in real life. Perhaps this is a warning to the Premiership that once they overcome those weaknesses this is how dominant they will be for real!

They're rated fairly, just for some reason they tend to do very well.

Apart from Adebayor and Bendtner. Those two are overated but their lack of experience isn't taken into account. Experience builds consistency so thats where Arsenal are having trouble IRL, so perhaps their lack of experience needs to have a greater impact.

There seem to be other issues with realism as well because i beat them 2-1 at the Emirates with Liverpool yet Fabregas got man of the match. Yes he scored their goal but he also gave away the penalty that won me the game and he was later booked for another offence. Surely thats not a man of the match performance.

I think the problem with Arsenal seems to lie in the fact that Football Manager doesn't seem to portray youngsters very well.

While Arsenal do have fantastic youngsters, Football Manager fails to capture their lack of intensity (At times) as well as their alarming inconsistency.

Sure, You might get a rare youngster like Cesc who's been consistent since he was 17 (Yes, people. I know he only seems to play for half a season and then fade away... But even when he fades away he's still a far superior midfielder than most.)

... Maybe next year Football Manager needs to correct youngsters being too consistent?

3 seasons into my game, Arsenal have been champions each season so far. They finished 14 points ahead of the runners up last season!

It's hard to have confidence in the game, when things like this are blatantly messed up.

I think the problem with Arsenal seems to lie in the fact that Football Manager doesn't seem to portray youngsters very well.

While Arsenal do have fantastic youngsters, Football Manager fails to capture their lack of intensity (At times) as well as their alarming inconsistency.

Sure, You might get a rare youngster like Cesc who's been consistent since he was 17 (Yes, people. I know he only seems to play for half a season and then fade away... But even when he fades away he's still a far superior midfielder than most.)

... Maybe next year Football Manager needs to correct youngsters being too consistent?

I actually think they've done the youngsters quite well...

All the young players who've come through my side do suffer from inconsistany and lack of intensity a lot...

The problem is with the match engine! Its in countless other threads too! The match engine, apparently, is geared towards flowing, passing football which obviously suits Arsenal! In a way the AI Arsenal are just exploiting the match engine flaws, a bit like last seasons corner cheat!

Arsenal have finished 2nd (behind Man U), 1st (I think 5 pts clear of Chelsea) and 2nd (10 pts behind Chelsea) so it doesn't affect my save.

I hope they don't go superhuman when I start my second save with Ipswich, trying to win the Prem in just 4 seasons:D

I have to say that Arsenal are simply well overated on this years football manager, i have played 2 whole seasons and they have won the league both times comfortably.

1st season Arsenal 98 points My pos with Spurs 10th 51 points

2nd season Arsenal 97 points My pos with Spurs 2nd 79 points

3rd season Arsenal 11 points after 5 games Spurs 13 points after 5 games

Adebayor seems to score between 30 and 40 each year which is unrealistic and there is no way that the current Arsenal team would make 98 points in a season. The only player they have signed is Toulalan....si sort it out!!!

Archived