No disc

You bring a game back and claim it is faulty, the store people check it on their machine. If it works on theirs then they have grounds to say it is an issue on your end and not with the disc. As far as I know if you return a PC game to some shops they refuse to refund/replace once it's been opened (no plastic wrapping).

As for second hand I'm pretty sure whoever designed it came up with some kind of contingency. Unless of course the intention is to wipe out the second hand market ;):D

The one I can't wrap my head around is the number of machines you can install on. Any tech people know the ins and outs of that one? Purely intellectual curiosity of course.

You bring a game back and claim it is faulty, the store people check it on their machine. If it works on theirs then they have grounds to say it is an issue on your end and not with the disc. As far as I know if you return a PC game to some shops they refuse to refund/replace once it's been opened (no plastic wrapping).

As for second hand I'm pretty sure whoever designed it came up with some kind of contingency. Unless of course the intention is to wipe out the second hand market ;):D

The one I can't wrap my head around is the number of machines you can install on. Any tech people know the ins and outs of that one? Purely intellectual curiosity of course.

from what i know is u can have it installed on up to 5 machines, but you can deactivate it say on one machine if you have a new one, so you get that activation back and can use it on the new computer

Archived