Female Manager

"so dear, do you fancy your chances today? You know what I mean?"

- We have a fantastic chance.

- We have a chance if we perform well.

- I don't want to comment on that.

- I don't think we have much chance.

- If you call me dear again, I'll scratch your eyes out.

- No Comment. I'm fine.

- Storm out and call best friend for support.

has anyone tried out being a female manager?any big differences? I know for one that in the press conference that follows your appointment they talk about sexism in football. any other differences?

If someone didnt read this properly you could get replies along the lines of, this man doesnt know the difference between a man and a woman lol! ;)

Imagine the scene though, the female manageress sends her team out, everythings ok, more than ok in fact. The lads come in at half time 4-0 up after completely dominating the oppo and things change. PMT has kicked in during the first half, and now she has a squad of men locked in a room with her while she tears strips of them, shouts at them, screams, cries, then says its her hormones, screams some more and proclaims all men are *******!

There isn't much differance from what I have seen sofar. I'm just happy I can use my own name without it looking ridiculous when it is combined with he and him.

As of the realism, I would say the same as Ozzy38 when it comes to who is managing what in this game there is no realism. If you want realism I guess next version should start out with 15 seasons FIFA09 where you play yourself on the field. And then some tests to get your coachbadges.

my girlfriend tried it out coz she said she was sick of watching me play the game, and she loves to beat me at everything. she took over liverpool like me and the first thing she noticed was the wages are for her are lower than mine at the same stage of the game. i began at £44k, she got £35k.

also, i asked for more transfer funds and the board gave m £15m. she did the same, at the same game stage, and she got told to deal with what she's got.

she was not happy!

my girlfriend tried it out coz she said she was sick of watching me play the game, and she loves to beat me at everything. she took over liverpool like me and the first thing she noticed was the wages are for her are lower than mine at the same stage of the game. i began at £44k, she got £35k.

also, i asked for more transfer funds and the board gave m £15m. she did the same, at the same game stage, and she got told to deal with what she's got.

she was not happy!

I think the differences might be explained by the previous footballing reputation you two set for your respective managers, rather than gender.

It should be that she set herself as having a lower reputation than you did yourself.

female managers would never work the players would be trying there best to poke her one, well not unless shes a pig but even after 20 pints a pig can look like a princess.

Even worst if she was on her period and having a **** week because of it would effect players morale.

Back to the kitchens women :-))

On a slight tangent, has anyone ever tried to make a case for including women's leagues as playable leagues in FM? Arent the English & American leagues pro? Would be an interesting variation.

Have watched a few womens games and my eyes were always fixated on there chests instead of the ball, maybe its a male thing. Sue has a good point though but not sure how popular female football is I know womens mud wrestling is popular sport but is the footie though???

On a slight tangent, has anyone ever tried to make a case for including women's leagues as playable leagues in FM? Arent the English & American leagues pro? Would be an interesting variation.

would be intresting to see. is the womans league professional? i thought arsenal ladies and maybe charlton were pro but thought the rest were amatuer.

oh and a bit off topic but is Amy Rayner the referee on this game ? and in press conferences can you have a pop at her like newell did? :D

Have watched a few womens games and my eyes were always fixated on there chests instead of the ball, maybe its a male thing. Sue has a good point though but not sure how popular female football is I know womens mud wrestling is popular sport but is the footie though???

In USA its very popular and is beginning to follow suit over here! For instance, the womens FA cup final is now shown on BBC! I really dont mean to sound sexist or anything but its not up to much yet! Not saying that it cant improve in the future mind!

I feel sorry for anyone with a "sense of humour" that finds your posts, in this thread, funny in any way.

really well it would help some to pull there heads out of there backsides and get a sense of humor and seeing as the great depression is heading this way Im sure your the right person to lead it

Political correctness gang has landed

Or maybe he's just enlightened enough to realise that a woman has as much right to go wherever the hell she wants as a man does, be it the kitchen or elsewhere, and therefore he doesn't consider it very funny.

Sexism, like racism, homophobia, and all prejudices, is the last refuge of the failed intellect.

funny how it seems to follow you and Nomis around eh :)

All I did was observe the bickering. All Nomis did was observe the general stinkiness of the thread. The bickering began because people felt the need to defend the 1950s 'humour' on display here.

All I did was observe the bickering. All Nomis did was observe the general stinkiness of the thread. The bickering began because people felt the need to defend the 1950s 'humour' on display here.

didnt see any women asking for both your help or anyone offended accept you two..........wonder why that is???

to be fair you are WUM's imo and you do it on purpose. it gets me also if there is a heated argument ala the other day myself and nomis i get warning/infraction he get nothing.

to be fair you are WUM's imo and you do it on purpose. it gets me also if there is a heated argument ala the other day myself and nomis i get warning/infraction he get nothing.

Report my posts then, if the mods see fit I assure you that they will give me an infraction/warning. And in a way you're right I am a WUM, I hope this off topicness gets this thread closed.

I don't EVER attempt to wind anyone up. I may disagree with people, but it is they who lose their rags and start hurling insults about and such.

Again, it is not we that lose our rags at people disagreeing with us. All of my posts in this thread are perfectly restrained. Nobody is offended by you. I'm just irritated by your disregard for the rules of the forum.

Oh, and I am not ashamed to say that this is the 21st century and I do find sexism an offensive relic of a less well-informed time.

Archived