wth is wrong with this game

Ok im having problems with this tactic i got threw the first season and my top goal scorer only had 12 goals. 2nd season i brought in owen and so far he has played 12 games scoring just 4 time my other striker has played 10 times and has nothing is there a bug or something?

It can sometimes be difficult to get them to score. Do you play with two up-front? Have one hold back a lot more (mentality) so he links the midfield to the attack. You can have the second striker, Owen, playing further up and running onto the balls zipped through to him by the guy further behind.

Gomez scored 41 in 52 appearances for me last season, which is massive. Klose scored only 8 and Podolski 14 the whole season though. I'm playing both strikers with similar mentality and instructions. My midfield however is playing very offensive and my full backs push up a lot as well.

At the moment I'm playing a 4-1-2-3 away from home )) Three strikers up-front! The left sided one (although still in the penalty box) is the quick guy, the one in the middle the Target Man, the one on the right is my creative genious (well, sometimes) Rivaldo. He hangs back a lot, I try to pass to him.

My full-backs are on forward runs often, this makes up for the lack of width in midfield and they put a lot of useful crosses into the box for my Target Man. I dont score many mind, but we're making chances.

Previously I'd tried to be quite tight away from home and limit their chances. This just enabled the opposition to attack, attack, attack and someone suggested the best form of defence is attack. I'm playing as Newcastle so it kind of made sense... if you score 3 we'll score 33 ;)

the above post is $hite..............

the game is shiite,so many flaws its untrue.

i drew 9 games in a row 0-0 and my top scorer is pirlo who as we know is a defensive midfielder.

you should be able to get your money back,its a complete joke.

and before any smart ar$e comes on and says i aint doing this or that........i have used the editor and i have the best team anybody could muster and i'm still sitting 6th,miles adrift of the leaders,who just happen to be arsenal.i also have the best staff i could get and i have even poached fae my rivals to weaken them.

the game is a joke and i hope people who made this game read this thread.

i'm furious

At the moment I'm playing a 4-1-2-3 away from home )) Three strikers up-front! The left sided one (although still in the penalty box) is the quick guy, the one in the middle the Target Man, the one on the right is my creative genious (well, sometimes) Rivaldo. He hangs back a lot, I try to pass to him.

My full-backs are on forward runs often, this makes up for the lack of width in midfield and they put a lot of useful crosses into the box for my Target Man. I dont score many mind, but we're making chances.

Previously I'd tried to be quite tight away from home and limit their chances. This just enabled the opposition to attack, attack, attack and someone suggested the best form of defence is attack. I'm playing as Newcastle so it kind of made sense... if you score 3 we'll score 33 ;)

Worked for King Kev....or wait...no it didn't.

Pogrebnyak had 11 in 28 in his first half season for me, and then around 30 in 60 for his next two, before 15 odd in 38ish matches in his 4th season (was injured badly).

Nothing really wrong there.

The Strikers seem fine to me. In fact, far better than last season. There's no more Godlike players that score 50+ in a season consistantly.

the above post is $hite..............

the game is shiite,so many flaws its untrue.

i drew 9 games in a row 0-0 and my top scorer is pirlo who as we know is a defensive midfielder.

you should be able to get your money back,its a complete joke.

and before any smart ar$e comes on and says i aint doing this or that........i have used the editor and i have the best team anybody could muster and i'm still sitting 6th,miles adrift of the leaders,who just happen to be arsenal.i also have the best staff i could get and i have even poached fae my rivals to weaken them.

the game is a joke and i hope people who made this game read this thread.

i'm furious

Serves you right for cheati........ I mean editing!

Serves you right for cheati........ I mean editing!

i've only ever used the editor to make myself and some friends as average young players and follow their progress (usually through the lowest leagues of english football) whilst i play my normal game. i too have found this game the most frustratingly diffucult, to the point that for the first time since buying the first cm almost 20 years ago i have gone back to playing fm08. i also went into the editor and created a team of superhuman football players that would roll over anyone and they did pretty much that in their first season, winning the league (no cups), second season they were crap. in my opinion there is too much reliance on tactics which makes the game unrealistic. if you had a team with the best players in the world i.e buffon, ramos, terry, alves, cole, ronaldo, pirlo, messi, fabregas, ibrahimovic, rooney, would it really matter what tactic west brom were playing?

i know not everyone agrees but i think si have alienated a great deal of their long term fanbase with this game, christ knows what any new players think of this game, the hundreds of grands worth of advertising could have been better spent on beta testing. they need to pull the cat out of the bag with the patch or they face losing a lot of sales for fm10, if the patch doesn't deliver i for one won't be wasting another £30-40 on next seasons effort.

also i know a forum is a place where everyone should be able to voice their opinions but there are a lot of people who attack others simply because they have said they think this version is crap, which a lot of people by the looks of this forum think. also the mods seem a little quick to lock anything that has a negative view of this version. i run a business and it wouldn't survive if i didn't listen to customer complaints, especially those from long term customers.

also i know a forum is a place where everyone should be able to voice their opinions but there are a lot of people who attack others simply because they have said they think this version is crap, which a lot of people by the looks of this forum think. also the mods seem a little quick to lock anything that has a negative view of this version. i run a business and it wouldn't survive if i didn't listen to customer complaints, especially those from long term customers.

Things get locked because they are duplicates of already existing threads. The mods are quite clear about this and they often tell people precisely this when they lock threads.

SI have stated countless times that constructive criticism is fine. I believe I could post something critical and not have it locked or be attacked for it. But when people come on here to rant and rave, it doesn't do anyone any good. Be constructive, and don't create duplicate threads that clutter up the forum, and you'll be fine.

Didn't we have this conversation in the "These Forums" thread? :confused: If someone comes on and just says "This game is crap", then they should be treated with the contempt they deserve, rockhopper's ramblings further up the page are a perfect example of such childish behaviour. If someone comes on and explains their problem, then there are a variety of excellent members who will try and help them, IMO you'd struggle to find a forum with as many helpful members.

As for running a business and listening to complaints. That's fair enough, but on an interent forum? When there are customer service teams for both SI and Sega? If I ran a business and someone phoned me with a complaint i'd try and sort the problem out, if I then went on my forum and read someone saying "this business is crap", i'd ignore them and think they were an idiot.

On thinking about it, I have read various threads where tefal has complained that the game is unplayable, but not once has he explained why he thinks that. Proves my point really, doesn't it?

spot on, certain people will shoot you down if you post negatively about the game

spot on, certain people will shoot you down if you post negatively about the game

Rubbish, I have posted negatively about the game and am not fussed on FM09, but i've never been "shot down", because I always provide reasons for my opinions rather than just complaining.

mike and norris. i understand what you're saying but have a different opinion. i think that anyone should be able to voice any opinion in any way they want, in as eloquent a manner as they wish/can muster. my view may be slightly biased because i too think this version of the game is the worst i've ever played however. si have, again in my opinion, produced a game that has created this much critism and if what your customers want to do it moan about having wasted their money shouldn't they be able to? you're right though norris we've had this discussion before and until si sort this game out to the point that i'm too busy enjoying playing fm too bother coming on here i'm sure we'll have it again (i apologise in advance). my business doesn't offer a forum for customers but whatever complaint we receive and however its vocalised its taken seriously. it goes back to the old adage that a satisfied customer will tell 2 people and unsatisfied will tell 10. i look forward to some more forum jousting in the future.

"Norris"! Lol.

Look, you may have a different opinion, and that is fine. But neither you nor I make the rules here. The forum rule is that criticism must be constructive and duplicate threads will be locked to prevent the forum becoming cluttered. It's that simple, really. Abide by that and you can be as critical as you like.

"Norris"! Lol.

Look, you may have a different opinion, and that is fine. But neither you nor I make the rules here. The forum rule is that criticism must be constructive and duplicate threads will be locked to prevent the forum becoming cluttered. It's that simple, really. Abide by that and you can be as critical as you like.

only just noticed, sorry nomis

I wish I was called Norris :(:D

The reason I get so annoyed when people complain with such silly rants, is that I don't particularly like FM09 either :p I think the tactics system needs a complete overhaul and there were/are far too many bugs, but I don't feel the need to swear and rant like a child when i'm criticising the game. I even go so far as to try and think of some solutions e.g. my coaching badges thread.

I actually agree with the reason for a lot of the negative threads, but I despise the way people go about posting those threads.

I wish I was called Norris :(:D

The reason I get so annoyed when people complain with such silly rants, is that I don't particularly like FM09 either :p I think the tactics system needs a complete overhaul and there were/are far too many bugs, but I don't feel the need to swear and rant like a child when i'm criticising the game. I even go so far as to try and think of some solutions e.g. my coaching badges thread.

I actually agree with the reason for a lot of the negative threads, but I despise the way people go about posting those threads.

I'm still mystified as to what all these bugs people see are.

I'm still mystified as to what all these bugs people see are.

the major one i found was that when i first started/reloaded my game and went to the submit team click the game would crash, sometimes it wouldn't, sometimes it would. the worst i had was 5 restarts before the game actually played. doesn't matter now as i've gone back to 08

the major one i found was that when i first started/reloaded my game and went to the submit team click the game would crash, sometimes it wouldn't, sometimes it would. the worst i had was 5 restarts before the game actually played. doesn't matter now as i've gone back to 08

I've not experienced anything like this. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I just find it strange how I have a game that runs like the wind on my computer and yet so many other people are having these problems.

I've not experienced anything like this. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I just find it strange how I have a game that runs like the wind on my computer and yet so many other people are having these problems.

can't explain it either, why would it sometimes do it and sometimes not? people have said its a graphics card problem but i've recently purchased a new gaming p.c with 2 high powered graphics card so it certainly isn't that

A lot of crashes are caused by hardware rather than the sofware, and when there's so many different hardware combinations out there it's impossible for SI to fix them without the community's support via the bugs forum.

I must admit I was having the same problem until I put my second striker on a more defensive mentality than my AMC. Looking at the games this striker drops deep and either the CB follows him and leaves a hole for the other striker or AMC to exploit. Or he gets free and is able to set up chance or score.

My main striker has now got 26 so far with about 10 games to go and my second striker and AMC are competing for most assists

A lot of crashes are caused by hardware rather than the sofware, and when there's so many different hardware combinations out there it's impossible for SI to fix them without the community's support via the bugs forum.

Don't expect anyone to accept that as an explanation.

is this a serious post?? you cant see any bugs???

It's not inconceivable that some people don't experience the problems that other people experience. I never once had the corner bug in 08, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist.

This is one of the problems with the forum, people are accused of claiming bugs don't exist and slammed for it, when all they are doing is saying that they haven't experienced them.

I must admit I was having the same problem until I put my second striker on a more defensive mentality than my AMC. Looking at the games this striker drops deep and either the CB follows him and leaves a hole for the other striker or AMC to exploit. Or he gets free and is able to set up chance or score.

My main striker has now got 26 so far with about 10 games to go and my second striker and AMC are competing for most assists

I'm going to be trying something like this because my strikers aren't really scoring enough.

Indeed, I was running itunes and the net last night, along with 09 and the speed was shocking compared to the speed when FM is the only thing running.

is this a serious post?? you cant see any bugs???

You know, I've been told more than once that just because I don't see a bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Well now you're guilty of the opposite. Just because you experience some issues doesn't mean everybody else does.

Someone said up there that people are getting shot down for coming on and saying the game is crap.

So they should. That is not useful, it doesn't provide a solution. Hell, it doesn't even explain the problem. It's just stupid and clogs up the forum which is designed to help make the game better, not to provide an opportunity for people to whinge senselessly.

Someone said up there that people are getting shot down for coming on and saying the game is crap.

So they should. That is not useful, it doesn't provide a solution. Hell, it doesn't even explain the problem. It's just stupid and clogs up the forum which is designed to help make the game better, not to provide an opportunity for people to whinge senselessly.

Some people have a problem seeing the difference between providing constructive criticism and ranting aimlessly.

Ok im having problems with this tactic i got threw the first season and my top goal scorer only had 12 goals. 2nd season i brought in owen and so far he has played 12 games scoring just 4 time my other striker has played 10 times and has nothing is there a bug or something?

Heck!! 4 goals from 12 games is not that bad. Not great, but in reality not that bad. Its quite realistic if you consider that you've probably put no thought into it. There is no bug as far as this topic is concerned. Just guys like you who expect to blitz all competitions (via editors & TTF)without even trying.

The FM09 is a simulation, not Sensible Soccer or FIFA 09. Get a grip and use your opposable thumbs for god's sake!! Thats what seperates us from the apes.

I can't help but read that as a veiled criticism. Correct me if I'm wrong... EDIT: That was at Mike, 'cos someone else popped in in between.

That's what I'm saying. Aimless ranting deserves to be closed and "shot down". But then people complain that there's no freedom of speech and that SI are repressing anyone who disagrees...

Lets avoid the subject of forum etiquette, we're moaning about people ruining threads with swearing etc, when we are ruining this thread with off topic discussion. I thought there was a decent discussion forming about peoples opinion of the game.

I can't help but read that as a veiled criticism. Correct me if I'm wrong... EDIT: That was at Mike, 'cos someone else popped in in between.

That's what I'm saying. Aimless ranting deserves to be closed and "shot down". But then people complain that there's no freedom of speech and that SI are repressing anyone who disagrees...

I was agreeing with you, buddy. :)

if all you post is the match engine is crap i agree you should get put in your place but when someone asks a legimate question like why cant i get my strikers to score is it a bug, then you expect people to post constructive anawers not just dismiss his post by saying 'my strikers are scoring for fun, its your tactics.'

Everyone knows its an issue with the strikers but the blinkers are truely on with some people.

mike and norris. i understand what you're saying but have a different opinion. i think that anyone should be able to voice any opinion in any way they want, in as eloquent a manner as they wish/can muster. my view may be slightly biased because i too think this version of the game is the worst i've ever played however. si have, again in my opinion, produced a game that has created this much critism and if what your customers want to do it moan about having wasted their money shouldn't they be able to? you're right though norris we've had this discussion before and until si sort this game out to the point that i'm too busy enjoying playing fm too bother coming on here i'm sure we'll have it again (i apologise in advance). my business doesn't offer a forum for customers but whatever complaint we receive and however its vocalised its taken seriously. it goes back to the old adage that a satisfied customer will tell 2 people and unsatisfied will tell 10. i look forward to some more forum jousting in the future.

Except gameplay wise there is less, not more, criticism of the game than in previous years (ignoring activation i mean).

And you have again complained about the game WITHOUT SAYING WHY YOU THINK IT ISN'T ANY GOOD - NO COMPANY IN THE WORLD WILL LISTEN TO A COMPLAINT THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE A REASON FOR THE COMPLAINT

if all you post is the match engine is crap i agree you should get put in your place but when someone asks a legimate question like why cant i get my strikers to score is it a bug, then you expect people to post constructive anawers not just dismiss his post by saying 'my strikers are scoring for fun, its your tactics.'

Everyone knows its an issue with the strikers but the blinkers are truely on with some people.

Lots of people have been posting very constructive advice on how to get strikers scoring, including in this thread. However, it's still worth people pointing out when they aren't experiencing the same problem because it's important to get balance. Everybody is NOT having the same problems and that matters.

For me, personally, I am having absolutely zero problems running the game. My main issues with it are injuries and condition, along with match engine weirdness like players booting the ball against each other, target men lacking the brains to realise you only want them to flick it on when there's someone to flick it on to, and of course, the ball bouncing off the woodwork like it's on a spring.

Archived