(Norwegian) Lower league & Press Conference...

Currently playing LLM in Norway. Clubs are mostly without money and have a attendance count below 100 souls (exiting!). Anyway, Press conferences steadily appears. In real life this is not a very likely thing to happen (in these leauges).

Maybe the balance between club/league reputation and press conference appearance should be checked ?

I play in the Northern Irish lower leagues and this happens there too... however it is almost always one journalist (the same guy every time) asking a couple of mundane questions. I wouldn't really call the a press conference to be fair. Living in Northern Ireland myself and reading the papers here, it isn't totally unrealistic that manager of say Portstewart or Dundela would do brief interviews r be quoted for local press on a weekly basis - I imagine Norway would be similar.

Maybe it has to do with Norwegian translation of the game. I get the impression it's a large press conference when I play. The words 'Press conference' are used and questions are asked by 'one of the journalists'.

The local newspaper (IRL) has articles on these clubs before/after rival matches or matches that could lead to relegation/promotion. In the game these 'press conferences' pops up a little to often I think.

Anyway, it is not a very big issue.

Maybe it has to do with Norwegian translation of the game. I get the impression it's a large press conference when I play. The words 'Press conference' are used and questions are asked by 'one of the journalists'.

The local newspaper (IRL) has articles on these clubs before/after rival matches or matches that could lead to relegation/promotion. In the game these 'press conferences' pops up a little to often I think.

Anyway, it is not a very big issue.

How many journalists are there? It may be as CPS said and just the local paper/tv station. The words 'Press Conference' is just the generic term for it.

There is usually just the same journalist in all press conferences in some lower leagues. It's extremly boring to answer the same questions to the same person week after week. Managing at LLM level means that you have a club with 50 fans paying for the home games. Just some press conferences before or after vital games or against arc rivals would do it. Okay and maybe one after losing 10 games in a row. :)

There is usually just the same journalist in all press conferences in some lower leagues. It's extremly boring to answer the same questions to the same person week after week.

Isn't that realistic though? My local non-league team's manager is always in the free local rag commenting about the team and upcoming/past matches.

Currently playing LLM in Norway. Clubs are mostly without money and have a attendance count below 100 souls (exiting!). Anyway, Press conferences steadily appears. In real life this is not a very likely thing to happen (in these leauges).

Maybe the balance between club/league reputation and press conference appearance should be checked ?

you're indeed correct.. I actually play in second division in norway, and we have never got any press conferences nor before or after the match.. yes, the local papers is interviewing some players, and the coach and stuff like that, but never press conferences regarding matches..

another thing which is quite annoying, is the salary...

if you're a team in second division in norway, you'll find your youth team players to get waaaay to much

money.... in my club, which where a club who actually had full time players(quite rare in second div), the youth team players havent got anything.. but in FM they're suddenly got around 15.000£ a year... When you've got 15-20 players in your youth team - that hurts... finance-wise... :-p

another thing which is quite annoying, is the salary...

if you're a team in second division in norway, you'll find your youth team players to get waaaay to much

money.... in my club, which where a club who actually had full time players(quite rare in second div), the youth team players havent got anything.. but in FM they're suddenly got around 15.000£ a year... When you've got 15-20 players in your youth team - that hurts... finance-wise... :-p

Take control of contract offers for youth team players (an option you need to select).

Archived