Regen player faces that change during the game.

I know this is a re-post becasue I saw this issue before! But i now can't find whoever posted this issue!

Basically in my FM game my regen players faces change. Sometimes they have long hair and sometimes short, sometimes different colour hair this kind of thing. I noticed a guy report this previously when browsing but i can't find hes thread anywhere to see if he got a reply.

Is anyone else encounterng this? I am patched, and started this game after the release patch. Is it a setting that can be changed or a corrupted save? is there anything I can do. I'm in the blue square prem and some of my first teamers are regens.

I may also post this in the bugs forum...but any help would be appreciated!

If it's hair colour / style and smiling / sad that's intentional. So long as skin colour, facial structure, etc isn't changing.

After all, players cut and dye their hair :-p

does hair colo9ur and length really change from short, to long, to short and in style and colour in FM09? Does anyone else get this.

I'm not aware that this is a feature..... but i'll stand corrected if it is. Anyone else care to comment?

It appears to me that they are just new faces each time. Skin colour never changes, but im in england and they are english/scottis regens, and the game doesnt seem to give many black regens to these countries anyway.

Is there a way to 'turn off' their faces :D obviously not, but i wish that there wouldnt be any pictures instead of an 'artificial' one, they just look so stupid. It looks like all the regens comes from the same, multiracial family. And that they're all related to alan smith :D

ok fair enough, this must have slipped under my radar!

I would really like this toned down a bit too. My players hair changed radically at least 3 times a season. And they all seem to change on the same day. And it goes from from short and blonde to long and black, that kind of thing. Maybe they could be limited to one change a season and some players never change or change once every few years? It seems odd to dramatically change your hairs length and colour every couple of months. Maybe even odder as i'm a part-time blue square team so i'm hardly dealing with premadonna's!

But thanks for the info - can't believe i didnt cotton on to this as a feature.

A further thought is that a player who started with brown hair and hanges to long and black - there is no graphical representation of this in the engine (from what i can make out...) Does this devalue the whoole things as players don't look like the pictorial representation in there profile. Lets face it, hair colour and length is the most distinguishable feature on players in the 3d match engine.

Just a thought..

Is there a way to 'turn off' their faces :D obviously not, but i wish that there wouldnt be any pictures instead of an 'artificial' one, they just look so stupid. It looks like all the regens comes from the same, multiracial family. And that they're all related to alan smith :D

Yes you can turn them off. Go to Preferences > Display & Sound > Show Player and Staff Pictures.

You can choose from "None", "Real Pictures Only", "Real and Generated Pictures".

I've yet to play with regens in my team (not that far in) - I would have assumed that players' skin and hair colour for regens would be linked between the facegen pic and in the 3D engine? Shame if not.

Yes their appearance in the 3D match reflects their facegen picture (skin/hair colour).

A further thought is that a player who started with brown hair and hanges to long and black - there is no graphical representation of this in the engine (from what i can make out...) Does this devalue the whoole things as players don't look like the pictorial representation in there profile. Lets face it, hair colour and length is the most distinguishable feature on players in the 3d match engine.

Just a thought..

But I don't think it goes as far as changing hair length, and I've yet to encounter a regen who changes his hair colour, so I can't comment on that.

On a slightly different note I've noticed that a fair few regens in my game no longer have faces, only hair!

This includes my quality regen striker, who had a face when I signed him but now there is just a floating piece of hair and nothing else.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know of a solution?

EDIT: Damn, BamaToon posted as I was writing mentioning the same issue. Is this a well known problem then?

On a slightly different note I've noticed that a fair few regens in my game no longer have faces, only hair!

This includes my quality regen striker, who had a face when I signed him but now there is just a floating piece of hair and nothing else.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know of a solution?

Yep, it happens to me too. That's why I just turned all the pics off. It's a known bug that has been reported.

Archived