when will mac users get the high res graphics?

Just curious if anyone knows if this issue is being worked on or not.

Is there even that much difference between low res (auto) and high res?

Hi,

Yes, there's a HUGE difference... I'm running FM09 on my late 2008 MacBook Pro and have the game installed on OSX as well as on my bootcamp partition with XP. The XP version is unfortunately a lot more nice and crisp til watch... no flickering of the touchlines, and with 'real' 3d shadows and such...

Would be real nice if someone could shed some light on a graphics patch for mac users...

I think it's got to more to do with the differences between OpenGL (on the Mac) and Direct3D (on Windows) than with the graphics cards or drivers themselves. But I'm not sure if 3D is harder to do properly in OpenGL or if SI simply haven't spent the necessary resources on it. This is probably the one area where the Mac version differs the most from the Windows version.

How does the performance of the 3D differ between the two GPU on the new MBP? I'm thinking of getting the new unibody Macbook and I'd just like to know how well it handles the 3D?

It's impossible to give a proper answer at the minute because the game ties you to Low Res, so reporting on the High Res (which should be absolutely fine btw) isn't available.

SI not providing info on this isn't a good sign seeing that no comment was made on this when the demo, full version, and first patch were released.

I thought there was an "official word" I could be just dreaming here. It said they didn't have it fixed yet. Keyword being "yet"

Here are my stats by the way Justyn. It runs perfectly all nations, all leagues, playable. (it just doesnt have the hi-res graphics option)

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Archived