Scouts and reputations question.

What benefit does a higher reputation scout have over a lower rep one?

I have a scout who has regional reputation, his 2 stats "judging player ability" and judging player potential" are both 18

I also have a scout who has national reputation but only 15 on both stats.

So which is the better scout? What does reputation do for scouts?

Also, does a scout's reputation ever increase or decrease and if it does what dictates the change to the scouts reputation?

A national scout works national so will scout more players, a regional scout work regional and will only be able to judge the players from that region, any player from any other region and his judgement will not be (very) accurate/complete.

I always go for national scouts (it they want to come).

That's just my 2 pence.

The better a scout's reputation, the more players they will find, and the more detail their report cards will go into. They will also need to see players less than lower reputation scouts to see all of the available information.

That's a bit odd, I've always assumed reputation was pretty much cosmetic for everything, and that attributes were what mattered. Is the same true for anything else in the game?

The better a scout's reputation, the more players they will find, and the more detail their report cards will go into. They will also need to see players less than lower reputation scouts to see all of the available information.

Are you saying that this is true in cases where the scouting attributes and knowledge of countries are equal to a scout with a lower reputation? Or are you saying in any situation, despite relevant attributes and knowledge, a national scout has advantages over a local scout with better attributes? If the latter is the case, that seems off.

• 1 month later...

So, if I send two JPP=20 scouts (one world class, other regional rep) to get the report about 199 PA player, they will both be able to see that he will be a gem, just world class scout will give more detailed report? If that is the case, what's the point of paying very high wages for world class scout when you can get regional scouts with the same attributes for few thousand euros per year?

i dunno, i had a world class scout who had better stats than a national rep scout but the national rep scout told me more info from watching a player.

So, if I send two JPP=20 scouts (one world class, other regional rep) to get the report about 199 PA player, they will both be able to see that he will be a gem, just world class scout will give more detailed report? If that is the case, what's the point of paying very high wages for world class scout when you can get regional scouts with the same attributes for few thousand euros per year?

The benefit is they give a more detailed report. You get to find out more about the player without having to scout the player several times. Each scouting mission also costs money as well.

Archived