holy injuries batman!

Theres nothing wrong with them in the patch IMHO.

I currently have four players out injured and while there is nothing weird about that, I can't help wondering if it's normal or if it's because of the injuries bug which may or may not exist!

wow, only 4, i dream of only having 4 players injured. I currently have 9 players out, most 2month injuries.

I'm running the MAC version, apparently the MAC update only fixes the game so people can run on an earlier version of OSX. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong but why isnt there a real patch to fix the same problems for MAC users that PC users had?

I currently have four players out injured and while there is nothing weird about that, I can't help wondering if it's normal or if it's because of the injuries bug which may or may not exist!

Theres nothing wrong with them in the patch IMHO.

Maybe the amount of injuries is fine,that I agree with but why oh why are they all for 2 months,where are the "out for a few days" ,I used to enjoy the wait to see how long a player was out for,when I seen an injury I would say "damn,hope it just a few days" now I say"damn,thats him out for at least a month,more than likely longer"

Maybe the amount of injuries is fine,that I agree with but why oh why are they all for 2 months,where are the "out for a few days" ,I used to enjoy the wait to see how long a player was out for,when I seen an injury I would say "damn,hope it just a few days" now I say"damn,thats him out for at least a month,more than likely longer"

I totally agree with this. I'm getting players out for a month or longer with gashes to the leg! Are they hacking each other with axes out there?!

While I agree that most injuries appear too long, they very rarely actually last that long. I've seen it alot that my player will be out for 1 month to have him back in two weeks. I think thats the biggest problem with the injury side.

While I agree that most injuries appear too long, they very rarely actually last that long. I've seen it alot that my player will be out for 1 month to have him back in two weeks. I think thats the biggest problem with the injury side.

I dont know about that,yes I have seen 1 or 2 injuries that said he would be out for a month,maybe 2 weeks later he has returned to training but no where near match fitness and by the time he was then it was indeed 1 month.

Again like I said no "out for a few days".

I have had Very little injuries to my players. i think maybe 2 in 3 seasons so far. granted that they were around 4 months apiece but still only about 2. I use my own training schedules 4 for each position depending on age, maybe this could be a factor?

What are you guys moaning about? The injuries and the frequencey to me seem fine, yes there are a lot of injuries that you are told will last 2 months etc but what i have also noticed is that estimate seems to be very wrong nowadays and you see your players back in 2 weeks instead of 2 months most of the time. Now also there is (at least on my game) a lot of injuries that result in just a week out as well, so its pretty balanced imo.

I heard this was quite the problem pre patch but I've never had an issue. I've just one player out at the moment (using default training schedule) and it's not as if I do anything major to prevent them. You might just be experiencing a case of bad luck in that every once in a while you're bound to have yourself an injury crisis or it may that you are training your players too hard but I don't see an issue anymore myself.

The injury/time out ratio is deffinately a mess that needs sorting :( I mean,a month out with a "cut head".......get real! (or ring Terry Butcher & ask if he can lend you some bandages ;))

Yeah, I've noticed this too. Had a player out for six weeks with a sprained ankle, which I thought was just a tad excessive. I've noticed one or two others that don't come to mind straight away as well.

this weekend I'm planning on spraining my ankle on purpose. Then I'm going to go and get a doctors certificate so i can get off work for 2 months.:D

Seriously though, there is no doubt that the injuries still need to be sorted. There are too many, lay-offs are too long (and in my experience 2 months has ended up being exactly that, not two weeks, and the length of time for some minor injuries (see above) is just ridiculous. I've decided to take matters into my own hands and use 3rd party editors to return players to health when i feel they have been out for a reasonable amount of time for the particular injury. Is this cheating? I don't really care, because the game is not being realistic.

That thread title made me think of the match engine having graphics pop up everytime a player gets injured in a tackle like the 60's Batman

KAPOW!!!

I think anyone playing as a top side probably suffers more as the AI gets very dirty when they are underdogs, especially when they go a couple of goals behind away from home. 25+ fouls for the away side at Old Trafford is fairly common.

ive got a large squad too, i usually end up with at least 2 injuries per game, sometimes 1, sometimes even 3 per game.

anyone else having serious injuries issues on the mac platform?

I've got a few injuries atm, but i have a large squad, and theres nothing wrong with rotation

Reduce your training to medium, or slightly below medium.

When they say your player is going to be out for 1 month with a gashed leg, he wont be. Check back on his stats > Injuries and see how long he was out for after he recovered, it will be like 6 days or a week and a bit.

wow, only 4, i dream of only having 4 players injured. I currently have 9 players out, most 2month injuries.

I'm running the MAC version, apparently the MAC update only fixes the game so people can run on an earlier version of OSX. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong but why isnt there a real patch to fix the same problems for MAC users that PC users had?

I have the same issues, along with the 24th July crash.

Dont expect an answer as to when a proper Mac patch fixing this tripe will be out either.

Reduce your training to medium, or slightly below medium.

When they say your player is going to be out for 1 month with a gashed leg, he wont be. Check back on his stats > Injuries and see how long he was out for after he recovered, it will be like 6 days or a week and a bit.

Except it will be longer then it should as he has a red injury and so will not be fit when he gets back! A player with a gashed leg should miss no games! Some might say he wouldn't even be subbed and if possible merely stitched up at half time!

I'm halfway through a season, and in multiple games I've already finished a game down a man due to injuries and running out of subs. If I make 3 tactical subs it is almost guaranteed someone is getting injured within the next 5 minutes and I'll go down a man. Even 2 tactical subs is taking a risk for me.

The frequency of injuries seems OK, the duration is way off. As is the amount of injuries that require a player to be pulled from a game. Most injuries are felt after the game. During games, with adrenaline and properly warmed up, a player can either shrug off injuries or not even notice them.

I would imagine that the number of times ALL the first team squad are available would be quite rare IRL.

Yes! Exactly, i think they have got it right this year. Example, Arsenal finally got most of their first team back a while ago and practically a week later it got worse than it was before. Injuries are a bitch IRL and the game.

Archived