Retired numbers

I know you can't actually retire squad numbers in the game but I was just wondering has anyone else ever not used a certain number after a player retired.

Since Alessandro Del Piero retired I haven't given anyone Juve's no. 10.

I dont retire numbers but when one of my star players retires then i'll only give their number to a new star in a similar way to man u with number 7

Like Once Ronaldo left man u before i took charge the current manager gave van persie number 7 so as soon as i took charge i took it off him(then sold him for 40mil) and gave it to My half English/Spanish protégé striker

Retiring shirts would be a problem for the AI side, I think many people have established this, what counts as a legendary player at the end of the day? Someone who comes in his twilight and fires the club to promotion, someone who dedicates their career to the club etc etc.

It would be a nice touch, but hypothetically, by the time about 50 years or so passes, you could find yourself rapidly running out of shirt numbers at top end clubs.

Guest roberto922
It would be a nice touch, but hypothetically, by the time about 50 years or so passes, you could find yourself rapidly running out of shirt numbers at top end clubs.

Maybe tick a box for it? or get a choice at the start of what numbers you don't want to use?

Archived