Starting Experience

what does everyone tend to chose? international, profensional sunday footballer or automatic, do you find there are great differences between them? i know the obvious ones like initial fan and board impressions etc difficulty of signing players

Since I'm nothing more then your average football fanatic with above average potential, and I was not able to chase my dream of becoming a professional football player, I always set my reputation to Automatic. :)

Working your way up to the top is half the fun of managing.

Depends, my very first game is international footballer at a prem club to find my way around the new features! After that i go automatic with a championship team, then by that time the peatches are out so i go sunday league footballer at a BSN/S team as a career game! I have tried Luton Town already mind

oooooh, Controversial lol! Its that sort of comment that will attract the one female rights activist that venture near these forums lol ;)

Mind you, i doubt she would get off here alive

speaking of which, has anyone tried being a female manager?

Automatic, and with my real age (25). Did this in my first game and set myself as Liverpool manager, I had all season long "[player] is struggling to motivate himself to play for you" (not deliberately hiding player names, there was loads of them!)

Did the same when I started as Carlisle manager (League 1) - I had the same thing to a lesser extent...however by mid season when we were riding high in a comfortable 2nd place in the league, the whiny bastards had all shut up strangely enough! :D

Automatic, and with my real age (25). Did this in my first game and set myself as Liverpool manager, I had all season long "[player] is struggling to motivate himself to play for you" (not deliberately hiding player names, there was loads of them!)

Did the same when I started as Carlisle manager (League 1) - I had the same thing to a lesser extent...however by mid season when we were riding high in a comfortable 2nd place in the league, the whiny bastards had all shut up strangely enough! :D

This is weird, I play as Bristol City, got them promoted to the Prem in 2012 then in 2013 I won the League Cup, FA Cup (addmittedly I had quite an easy run in to both finals) then amazingly I beat Arsenal, not by a small amount 5-2 in the Community Shield!!

Now I'm in the season proper and I have 2 crap players (Moussa Guindo and Kevan Hurst) left over from my Championship days who are having problems motivating themselves for me!! My squad harmony is excellent, my rep is continental (started on automatic) and at xmas 2014 i'm 12th in my 3rd season in the Prem.

Screw em I say, I could sell them obviously but no, either they get with my program or they can just rot for the rest of their careers in the reserves!!

This is weird, I play as Bristol City, got them promoted to the Prem in 2012 then in 2013 I won the League Cup, FA Cup (addmittedly I had quite an easy run in to both finals) then amazingly I beat Arsenal, not by a small amount 5-2 in the Community Shield!!

Now I'm in the season proper and I have 2 crap players (Moussa Guindo and Kevan Hurst) left over from my Championship days who are having problems motivating themselves for me!! My squad harmony is excellent, my rep is continental (started on automatic) and at xmas 2014 i'm 12th in my 3rd season in the Prem.

Screw em I say, I could sell them obviously but no, either they get with my program or they can just rot for the rest of their careers in the reserves!!

You obviously didn't leave a good impression on them at the start;) and now they feel **** surrounded by the new quality, and they want their old teammates back. As you said, screw em:p

I always start as unemployed, can't bring myself to take another mans job! Because of this, I set the 'flavour' of my game by the experience I choose. If I want to manage big clubs I set it as International Footballer from the off, and if I want more of a challenge I'll chooses Semi-Pro, or Automatic.

Incidentally, I don't like the choice of Automatic, it tells you nothing really about your history as a player.

As an aside, what I'd like to see is a way of choosing a history for yourself, maybe just a list of clubs and dates. It would increase realism, and help me build some kind of imaginative back-story for myself.

I always start as unemployed, can't bring myself to take another mans job! Because of this, I set the 'flavour' of my game by the experience I choose. If I want to manage big clubs I set it as International Footballer from the off, and if I want more of a challenge I'll chooses Semi-Pro, or Automatic.

Incidentally, I don't like the choice of Automatic, it tells you nothing really about your history as a player.

As an aside, what I'd like to see is a way of choosing a history for yourself, maybe just a list of clubs and dates. It would increase realism, and help me build some kind of imaginative back-story for myself.

that could work, but you would have to have some sort of restriction, or it could turn completely unrealistic

Keep in mind though that not all managers were once football players. This actually adds to the realism for me as I do not have any level of background when it comes to football, other than playing for my city's team during my youth days. So automatic is basically if you're an inspired fanatic who wants to manage and it fits perfectly. :D

Since I'm nothing more then your average football fanatic with above average potential, and I was not able to chase my dream of becoming a professional football player, I always set my reputation to Automatic. :)

Working your way up to the top is half the fun of managing.

Its all the fun!

• 1 month later...

Automtic, as that's what we all really are afterall. Reminds me of the oder editions where the press would always say you were too inexperienced. I also think it offers more of a challenge because you won't get a larger budget or anything else due to your reputation. It also means your have to perform better as you won't be kept on because of your reputation.

Automtic, as that's what we all really are afterall. Reminds me of the oder editions where the press would always say you were too inexperienced. I also think it offers more of a challenge because you won't get a larger budget or anything else due to your reputation. It also means your have to perform better as you won't be kept on because of your reputation.

Are you sure you aren't 2 different people matt?

Archived