Doing The "Arsene" Does it get better in FM09

Hi so I'm still hooked on the old version (after tweaking things in the editor to make it more realistic and adding youth players I know from having worked with them and so on its hard to switch)

So I was playing my game, coaching relegation team (and only semi professional team) in Swedish Premier League which was very hard but was making miracles with them because of there very good youth players and basically me refusing to sell any of them. Choose to Start Calender season 2007 (April - October)

and halfway into my second season I am lying 4th and in the Cup QF I decide to quit while the going is good, and to find a new club fast so I can snap up all my U19 Gems in my current squad. couple of days later to my surprise former Champions League club Celta Vigo and currently newly promoted to La Liga

Due to a registration bugg in almost all my players in Celta were rendered unplayable so to make a long story short I had a whole sale and invested in EU-nationality u21 players preferably with a younger age but already picked for their u21 side.

Finished runne up and won the league the following season and was recruited to Arsenal here is where my problem begins with the home grown player status.

I want to continue in the Arsene legacy and recruit young so i Re-recruit my most important signing from Celta

Aurelio Perreria (arguably the best chief of scouts in the world IRL and largely responsible the youth wonders of Sporting CP)

and I'm off

my only problem is that the "regens" and others are generated too late in the game, so its almost impossible to recruit players under the age of 18 from over seas or "Continentals" as the Britts like to call them.

So Must of them arrive at Arsenal when they are already 18,

The Game has a lot of "blocks" which I admire because FIFA statues have made the trading of youth players abroad somewhat problematic

But the BIGGEST CLUBS with the Best Scouts work around this

they simply offer the wonderchild's parents a symbolic job and off they go:

as was the case with MEssi

so here I am in Arsenal I have home grown players from the "Academy" that were never really trained by Arsenal but poached from the Wegner Era

Gael Clichy

Alexandre Song

Abou Diaby

Håvard Nordtveldt

Merida

Fabergas

Armand Traore

Johan Djoorou

Carlos Vela

Henri Lainsbury

However as I sell off a couple of these I am unable :( to replace them with new HG players. Since the players I bring in come to my club at the absolute earliest at age 17 and sometimes at 18 (the 18 making it even doubtful) if they are able to qualify for HG status.

The players at my own academy are all sh"i"t according to Bould, Grimaldi and ofcourse my personal oralce Aurelio Perriera

they have at the best potential to become leading Championship stars/ decent premier league players.

So my questions is

has this changed?

for FM2009

do the regens start earlier?

there should aslo be a big club "tweak" enabling me to bring in 14 year olds from Brazil/Argentina/Africa and and so on as this is done in the real world if the youngsters is good enough no FIFA regulation in the world can stop the big clubs from getting him.

It's a wild guess but I would say having leagues active makes a difference on this front. So you're probably more likely to get players generated at the 'normal' generation ages if they are from countries that have active leagues.

Open to correction by someone with a decent of enough machine to run a few though as mine can barely handle the English pyramid never mind adding in others.

whether the league is active or not doesnt make the difference i dont think, just means that you cant buy them, correct me if im wrong

Based on assumption as never run more than one country, but with that one country active the regens appearing from said country are generated at 'normal' ages. I assume the same would apply for every league made active but as I said open to correction.

The league being active or not has no impact on a regen being buyable. What you are talking about are greyed out regens which are different. The two are linked but not in the way you describe it and the explanation I'm giving. For example I never have anything other than England running but there are plenty of non-English regens in the database. But the balance is heavily towards English nationality on an 08 database as a whole (not tested on 09 as no Genie Scout) when England is the only active nation.

Not saying it doesn't happen but I've never found a player generated in an active league, who was generated aged 18+. But I have discovered players from non active leagues generated at age 18, 19 (I think even 20 but that might be my memory messing with me).

Based on assumption as never run more than one country, but with that one country active the regens appearing from said country are generated at 'normal' ages. I assume the same would apply for every league made active but as I said open to correction.

The league being active or not has no impact on a regen being buyable. What you are talking about are greyed out regens which are different. The two are linked but not in the way you describe it and the explanation I'm giving. For example I never have anything other than England running but there are plenty of non-English regens in the database. But the balance is heavily towards English nationality on an 08 database as a whole (not tested on 09 as no Genie Scout) when England is the only active nation.

Not saying it doesn't happen but I've never found a player generated in an active league, who was generated aged 18+. But I have discovered players from non active leagues generated at age 18, 19 (I think even 20 but that might be my memory messing with me).

I didn't speak about the Regens but since I always run a lot of active leagues save for the German I have no problem with scouting Regens in other countries

also in my current game Brazil isn't active but they produce regens at age 15

but I think there should be more regens produced at age 14-15 (its only like a 10-15% of the game )

and they are extremley tough to sign due to the FIFA regulations that can be outmanouvered IRL but not in the game...

I didn't speak about the Regens but since I always run a lot of active leagues save for the German I have no problem with scouting Regens in other countries

but I think there should be more regens produced at age 14-15 (its only like a 10-15% of the game )

and they are extremley tough to sign due to the FIFA regulations that can be outmanouvered IRL but not in the game...

yea should deffinatly be a way to outmanouvere it,

I'm talking about the reverse though. Can you confirm or refute this

Active League = Regens generated at 'normal' ages

Non Active Leagues = Regens can potentially be generated at an older age than if active

In other words you can get a generated 15 year old from a non active league but it it s highly unlikely you'll get a generated 19 year old from an active league.

I agree with the signing difficulty with the most obvious example being the Perreira da Silva twins. But I don't know enough about the details of how United bypassed the various rules to comment on whether it would be worth the hassle in coding it as a possibility.

In other words you can get a generated 15 year old from a non active league but it it s highly unlikely you'll get a generated 19 year old from an active league.

I agree with the signing difficulty with the most obvious example being the Perreira da Silva twins. But I don't know enough about the details of how United bypassed the various rules to comment on whether it would be worth the hassle in coding it as a possibility.

I think yout assumption is the correct one

I don't think there has to be that much hassle in the code just make sure that the club has to have a continental reputation inorder to pull it through

and then maybe make sure the player demans a bit more money (which would IRL serve as the cover up salary paid to his parents)

I'm talking about the reverse though. Can you confirm or refute this

Active League = Regens generated at 'normal' ages

Non Active Leagues = Regens can potentially be generated at an older age than if active

I can confirm that it used to work as you describe - from a small DB game, England only active, FM'05. I would see regens in England at age 15, 16, 17, and 18. However, regens in inactive South American countries would come into existence at age 19, 20, and 21.

I haven't tried it with a similar config in FM'08 or FM'09, as my system's been good enough to handle a lot more active leagues. :D

I can confirm that it used to work as you describe - from a small DB game, England only active, FM'05. I would see regens in England at age 15, 16, 17, and 18. However, regens in inactive South American countries would come into existence at age 19, 20, and 21.

I haven't tried it with a similar config in FM'08 or FM'09, as my system's been good enough to handle a lot more active leagues. :D

Have you ever discovered a regen from an active league nation who appeared at a 'later' age?

I always assumed it was a way to keep inactive teams reasonably competitive and keep the balance of the database in terms of CA/PA ticking over.

09 is painfully slow on mine (1 1/2 hours to holiday a single season with only English Premiership Active at Full Detail alongside my CPU practically melting) and unless my laptop dies, I'm guessing my specs will make 09 the last version I'll be playing for a few years. As much as I like playing FM I'd rather spend the cost of a better laptop on a latest generation console since gaming is just too much grief on a PC/laptop.

hahaha how did this turn into a hardware thread?

Sorry about that :D

It's cathartic to vent every now and then as in 'my laptop sucks, FM's like a snail and I can't afford a new one' or 'goddamn it, why did my defender hit that ridiculous backpass!!! Bloody cheating AI screws me over again' ;)

To be honest I don't know if 14 year old regens are a possibility even within an active league.

Archived