Scouting Knowledge - HELP, HELP HELP!

Hey,

Apologies if this has been answered, I have searched but with no joy.

Does anybody know how to increase the 'Overall knowledge' of your team scouts?

I have thirteen scouts and have tried sending them everywhere but my overall 'Knowledge' of the 'World' remains on 'Sporadic'. (I am in season 2011 so have been waiting for some time)

I have tried hiring more scouts (hence why I now have thirteen), sending them to differnet areas, competitions and now have all thirteen set to 'World' scouting in a hope that my overall knowledge wouldn't just be sporadic, as they gained knowledge from their travels, but nothing...still sporadic!!

HELP HELP HELP!

Cheers

Send the scout to the same country every season, they will develop a full knowledge of that nation and this will help your knowledge of that nation. Don't stop when they achieve full knowledge though, if you stop sending them their knowledge will begin to decrease as they are not keeping up to date with going on in that country.

So presumably, by setting all my scouts to 'World' - I am achieving nothing?

I would have thought so. Also if you think about it, it's a pretty pointless setting unless you have all leagues loaded. You are best scouting the countries that you have loaded and then any further countries that will produce a decent amount of players whether they are loaded or not e.g. Brazil.

The scouts used to retain their knowledge for a while, but unfortunately in 08 and 09 SI made a decision to make them all have the memory of a goldfish with alzheimers. So unless you have coaches and scouts all from different nations, and 10 feeder clubs from different nations to the coaches and scouts, you're unlikely to ever get much knowledge.

Yeah fair one!

I think I misunderstood how the scouting works.

I figured, if they were all going all over the World, visiting every country, they would gain knowledge on basically everywhere and therefore, I'd have a comprehensive knowledge. (If you see what I mean)

Thanks for the posts - much appreciated...

What I did in 07 was set my scouts to scouts regions and once they came back I would set them to scout each country in that region individually. You get loads of reports and each country will climb to 100%. Of course if you don't have the country loaded it doesnt make much of a difference for finding players.

But I wound up with an academy squad one year of almost no english regens as their first nationality and I was playing as Man Utd in 2025 at the time. The best one was from from Carribean country and he held a passport to spain and england.

If you want extensive scouting without loading alot of leagues use a DDT file (you'd have to restart though I think).

Archived