Data Editor - Is there one for FM2009?

It's different on Windows Vista. Plus it depends on whether you're using the steam install option or not. From memory:

Steam:

C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/sports interactive/football manager 2009/tools/data editor

Uniloc:

C:/program files/sports interactive/football manager 2009/tools/data editor

or Start->Games + right click on FM2009 and run data editor

I have downloaded the editor patch but can't get it to install. After I unzip it, it says "can't create output file C:\Program Files\SI\FM'09\tools\data editor\dataeditor.exe" I haven't any idea what to do next. Could someone give me "dummy" type of instructions on how to install it, please? I thought that it would install exactly like the game patch. Kind regards.

1) make sure the folder you're installing it to exists - if you installed by Steam you need to point it to /program files/steam/streamapps/common/fm09/tools/data editor/ before you click unzip

2) if you're on vista try doing it as admin

TheOriginalJez, Many thanks for your attempting to help me. I am using "Vista". I seem to have tried all sorts but still can't get the editor patch to be where it should be. Each time I go to load the editor, it still says version 9.01 and not 9.1.1. Everything works fine until after I have unzipped the editor patch. If possible can you tell me in click by click terminology how I get the files to end up in the right place, please. If you don't have the time or whatever, never mind, your efforts have been appreciated. Kind regards.

• 3 months later...

Ok, so i've found the data editor... pressed all the buttons... Dreamed of seeing my own name on the actual playing staff and when waiting for the data editor to open I received this message:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Hmm... Ok, so reinstall (and cursed myself for not actually writing down the Enlgish version of the keycode - "I" can be i, t or indeed 1)... I finally guessed the correct keycode and reinstalled...

Pressed the buttons and hey pressed-oh... Got the same message..

What can I do to actually access the data editor..??? The manual suggests that it's a "powerful application", but I wouldn't know as I can't get in it.!!!!

help me obi-wan... You're my only hope.!!!

• 2 months later...

hiya,i used what big dunk told me on the steam issue, but i have got to the 'common' and then 'football manager' then 'tools' but then i come to 3 options, saying editor date, date editor and then msvcr/ when i click on all of them it doesnt come up with anything but date editor comes up with this thing telling me about it but not actually the proper thing, its just a description of it? althought it says its an application

hiya,i used what big dunk told me on the steam issue, but i have got to the 'common' and then 'football manager' then 'tools' but then i come to 3 options, saying editor date, date editor and then msvcr/ when i click on all of them it doesnt come up with anything but date editor comes up with this thing telling me about it but not actually the proper thing, its just a description of it? althought it says its an application

In the top left corner of the screen that opens telling you about the editor you should see a tab called file (next to edit, tools and help), click on that then a drop down menu appears with load database on there, click that then select which database you wish to load and that gets you into the editor.:thup:

• 4 weeks later...

Guys...need help:

FM09 installed via Steam.

I open the data editor, load the V9.3.0 file and made some changes.

Though, when i started a new game, i can't see my file that i edit. :(

where it is?

The choose database screen gives me:

Appriciate the help!

I edit info in one team.

the problem is that when you open the V9.3.0 file and making some changes, you can't save it as the original file, it gives you an option to save it as a new file only.

And when you start a new game, the new file is not in the list.

Archived