Taxes

Heys ppl,

Can somebody explain me, why on the first 2 seasons, I paid about 4,7 M € of taxes (whole year),

And now I pay, 1,7M€ a month of taxes?

On the 3º season with Benfica, I´m now in February and I paid already 18M of taxes...

My balance is 48M €

Every month I´ve losses of 2 a 3M, and i´m winning everything....

Well i'm not certain, but I'd guess taxes are a monthly breakdown of your expected yearly tax bill. back when you weren't manager and the club was making no money, taxes were low. Now you are in charge and ramping up the transfer and prize money gains, taxes to be paid will rise.

So check your turnover year over year - this will give you a good indication of how much you will need to pay.

Okay, so you made about 60 mil last year net.....assuming FM taxes are accurate for portugal you are liable for about 25% (plus a 1.5% on civic tax...but whos picky right).

Taking a snapshot of excess income (ie prize money and net transfers) thats about 70 mil net profit. Therefore your tax bill this year will be about 18 mil on those items alone......

not sure I remember previous FM's being quite so tax heavy, but it seems reasonable given the numbers.

Normally a plc would be assessed on its net income over a fiscal period, but if I remember rightly FM always taxed you on your income from prize money and transfer net income - hence the slightly inflated numbers. Unless of course they have some sort of global tax rate of 40%....which is quite simply wrong imo. Especially for portugal.

Love the way your board paid out 18 mil in dividends though......bstrds !

• SI Staff

The tax rates vary for different countries, so different nations can and do have different rates for taxes in the game. And naturally there are different kind of taxes in the game, not just general income tax but also VAT etc. So the "taxes" account in the finances screen does not only cover regular income tax paid by the club based on their profits, but it also includes VAT payments, national insurance payments and other specific taxes in certain nations (Brazil for example).

• SI Staff

As the VAT reduction in the UK is only temporary (until end of 09 if I've understood it correctly), it is not currently featured in the game. Further to that, I am under the impression that the idea of the VAT reduction is meant to benefit the customers in the end, ie. the companies should be passing the VAT reduction through to the customers by reducing their prices accordingly. So in game terms, it really would not make much of a difference since reducing the VAT rate in the game would then also require adjusting ticket prices etc. accordingly.

Archived