Activation problem

Right, so i download the game, then it told me to activate, which i did, then i downloaded the patch etc, tried running the game again, it asked for the activation code and its said already in use, Which i already no as its in use on my on computer, wtf is wrong, all i wanna do is play on it :(

right found it

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

my dodgey eyes like :p

Right, theres ne certificate or owt, so wtf am i to do, GAYYYYYY!

Are you gay? ok, nothing wrong in that. So the problem is certificates...ok these should be within the Sports Interactive folder, but you have 2 or 3 folders when you install. So do a search using Start Menu and under folders and files type FM2009 or SI or sports interactive, things like this. If it brings things up then delete them as you have or should have already deleted the game, then reinstall and go into those mentioned folders and look for the certificates.

If on the other hand you haven't uninstalled, use the search facility to find the certificate.

Are you gay? ok, nothing wrong in that. So the problem is certificates...ok these should be within the Sports Interactive folder, but you have 2 or 3 folders when you install. So do a search using Start Menu and under folders and files type FM2009 or SI or sports interactive, things like this. If it brings things up then delete them as you have or should have already deleted the game, then reinstall and go into those mentioned folders and look for the certificates.

If on the other hand you haven't uninstalled, use the search facility to find the certificate.

There is nothing left on me laptop, I unistalled FM09, everything about is off bar the readme files, ive searched, and its not on, all left is the "readme files" and well yeh,,Grrrrrrrr

Archived